second monitor not detected/no signal

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
Hi, I just bought a second monitor (a cheap aoc vga monitor for web browsing or having skype open when playing a game) and plugged it into my motherboard's vga monitor seeing as my graphics card doesn't have a vga port, when I powered on my pc it said "no signal" and hasn't done anything since, I looked on control panel and it's clearly not detected. After a quick search on google I think it may be because my integrated graphics are disabled and therefore not sending any signal to my monitor, I've spent about half an hour in the BIOS trying to find any kind of graphics properties but to no avail (asus uefi bios utility). Any ideas/fix? Thanks in advance.

steaky360

You will need to get an adapter, you won't be able to use both the onboard graphics (from the motherboard) and a graphics card at the same time.

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
wow, is there really no setting or anything that can fix it? I skim read someone's forum post somewhere and someone mentioned something called iGPU not sure if that could help with my problem at all.

steaky360

Well its not broken. Maybe there is (I don't know how you'd do it), but I would recommend an adapter (they are exceptionally cheap) to convert one of the outputs from your graphics card into VGA.

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
ok will look into it, although I'll give PCS a call on monday to see if they can help, thanks for the help.