Selling Custom Built PC - Need advice

Opher

Hello,

I’m considering selling a custom built PC, as I just don’t get the time to game anymore due to work.

Would it be better selling parts individually or selling the PC as is? Also, can anyone advise roughly how much this spec is worth?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Case: CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 460X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.35GHz/20MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM): 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 - DVI, HDMI, 3x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
Storage Drive: 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
SSD Drive: 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3400MB/R, 1500MB/W)
Power Supply: CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable: 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling: Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
LED Lighting: 2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking: 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB: 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX RGB Red
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Nobody can really tell you what it's worth. Although it's a cliche its worth only what someone will pay for it. Look for similar builds for sale and price accordingly.

Personally I'd try to sell it as is, stripping out some components to sell separately may make the rest of it unsellable.

And just so's you know, you can't sell it on here. :)

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My back of a fag-packet sums says you'd need £1200-£1300 to build a machine to the same spec today (of course the 1080 is not readily available so have swapped in a 2070).
Case: CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 460X RGB (£150)​
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (£170)​
COOLER: Corsair H100x (£75)​
MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming (£200)​
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (£60)​
GPU: 8GB RTX 2070 (£420)​
HDD: 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA (£50)​
SSD: 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO (£60)​
PSU: CORSAIR 650W TXm (£80)​

But as it's not new (I'd guess over a year old) and a now a couple of generations behind on CPU/GPU I'd not pay more than about 2/3rds (and that's where I'd put my maximum bids) of what I could buy an equivalent new build...but that's just me and other people value 2nd hand items more highly.

For example, before I ordered my new machine, I looked at ebay for about a month to see what I could get - and the prices I was seeing similar systems sell for for (I was looking for R5 3600/X/XT) was around £900 (so about 75% of current new build price). But that was before the newer GPUs/CPUs were announce/released.

I'd say the easiest way to value your rig is to look at recent ended sales on ebay for similar items and price accordingly. I'm guessing in your situation there's no easy way to upgrade one component to make it 'as new' again, as you'd want a new MB/CPU/GPU/PSU and that would be almost the cost of a new build anyway.

Last edited: