Set your clocks for 3/4pm GMT/CET - HFW day tomorrow!!!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

My PC is due to be delivered today as well - perfect timing - hoping for at least 60FPS :giggle:

H2_CE_PC_SPECS_ASSET_TEMPLATE_4COL_OPT2-web.jpg

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I fall somewhere between High and Very High presets, but with a 5800X and RTX 3080, in some ways I'm probably closer th Very High. May see how 4k 30-ishFPS feels, but that could end up being a game I happily play at 1440 60FPS.

I'm currently playing through the opening hours of Horizon Zero Dawn, so won't be going near this one for a while. I've pre-ordered as I trust the devs behind PC port to get it right. They did the HZD PC port and while it was a bit shaky on release, they soon fixed it and I suspect it'll be the same with this. If things aren't great on release, by time I get around to it, I'm sure it'll be great!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just realised that's for Zero Dawn NOT Forbidden West :rolleyes:

Just noticed there's a 'cinematic' setting in the graphics options...so will give that a try as it may be included by default (although if it does, why didn't they simply fit it to the resolution/screen ratio selected).

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just realised that's for Zero Dawn NOT Forbidden West :rolleyes:

Just noticed there's a 'cinematic' setting in the graphics options...so will give that a try as it may be included by default (although if it does, why didn't they simply fit it to the resolution/screen ratio selected).
Had a play last night, and that option does seem to fix the black side bars from cutscenes (at least the cutscenes I've hit in the first 5-6 hours).

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Am about 8 hours in, and in very high (i.e. max) and native 3440x1440 mode (i.e. no frame generation, no DLSS, etc.) I am getting 90+ FPS everywhere...or 120+ FPS with DLSS on or 180+ with DLSS + FG on ;)
I did say that I trusted the devs to put out the game in a good state, or to fix it into a good state pretty quickly. If it's performing like that on release, a handful of patches time it'll likely be even better!

93% rating on Steam from over 2,000 reviews suggests they've got it right first time!