Setting RAM speeds on B350-F Strix mobo

Zepthire

So my PC arrived today and I replaced my ram with 3000mhz ram. Its still listed as 2133mhz in the bios and cpu-z though, even if I manually set the speed. So I've tried changing the timings and voltage to what it says in the QVC but that causes it to not boot.

The RAM is cmk16gx4m2b3000c15.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Is there not now the XMP option to select a given profile for the RAM? Just as you would on an Intel system. I believe AM4 boards got this quite soon after launch.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I've not got any experience to offer here, but there is an Asus guide for B350 and X370 Ryzen overclocking, including RAM which starts here: https://youtu.be/pBmVf0S4UDs?t=1020

When you say it won't boot at 3000MHz (2933MHz right?) do you mean the system won't post, or it won't load Windows?

Zepthire

Thanks for the help and the video. I tried the stuff in that video and some other tips I got over on the BuildAPC reddit but no luck. I've left it at 2666mgz for now which I'm fine with until the possibility of a future bios update fixing it.

When I say it won't boot I mean that it fails the POST and asks me to press f1 to enter setup and change stuff back, basically.

Zepthire

Thanks for the help and the video. I tried the stuff in that video and some other tips I got over on the BuildAPC reddit but no luck. I've left it at 2666mgz for now which I'm fine with until the possibility of a future bios update fixing it.

When I say it won't boot I mean that it fails the POST and asks me to press f1 to enter setup and change stuff back, basically.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Disappointing though at least you're still up on the deal vs 2133MHz. I might be tempted to try the Corsair and/or Asus forums.