She has arrived!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
After waiting patiently my new gaming PC has arrived. I must say I am very impressed! My last gaming PC was bought back in 2006 so I've been out of the PC master race club for a while now. 😅

What a nice thing to get on a Friday afternoon, especially as I find out if my job is at risk of redundancy next Wednesday.

I went with the great recommendations of this forum and adapted my spec to suit my needs and I also picked up the LG Ultragear 27" monitor on another good tip, when I can afford to I'm replacing my old work screen next to it with another LG Ultragear as it's great quality.

144286384_10159132775942640_5684321039091234103_o.jpg
My spec for those interested, my budget was £2k:

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Memory Card ReaderUSB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Attachments

• 144286384_10159132776167640_3890518481202925642_o.jpg
    144286384_10159132776167640_3890518481202925642_o.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 144517361_10159132776567640_6537983632451532969_o.jpg
    144517361_10159132776567640_6537983632451532969_o.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 382

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I'm pleased my technical expertise was able to help you get this rig over the line! :p

Looks really nice... quite jealous. Enjoy the lack of sleep this weekend.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I'm pleased my technical expertise was able to help you get this rig over the line! :p

Looks really nice... quite jealous. Enjoy the lack of sleep this weekend.
Thank you! I have a lot of games planned for this weekend for sure. I'm on call early hours Monday morning so I can see that one being fun :ROFLMAO:

I got the exact same Gpu as you, any idea how to change the colour of it or what model it is?
I'm not actually sure, I have the manual for it so I'll have a little read through later and see what it says about changing the colours. I presumed it was fixed as green but maybe not. I'll let you know what the manual says.

CrowZer0

Thank you! I have a lot of games planned for this weekend for sure. I'm on call early hours Monday morning so I can see that one being fun :ROFLMAO:

I'm not actually sure, I have the manual for it so I'll have a little read through later and see what it says about changing the colours. I presumed it was fixed as green but maybe not. I'll let you know what the manual says.
It isn't fixed it was flashing through colours in Bios, the fans say gainward so I assumed palit? I'm not sure. I just want to know how to change the colours of it and whethers its a button or through bios lol. I'm in the process of copying a lot of files over from old hard drives or I'd do it myself.

The LG is a beast. I'm looking at a second screen at some point soon so i can still browse and have a full gaming screen.

My head is telling me just get a nice simple 1080 screen, don't need anything fancy but my heart is telling me getting another LG as it matches :ROFLMAO:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It isn't fixed it was flashing through colours in Bios, the fans say gainward so I assumed palit?
It’s not a Palit... it’s a Gainward. I used to have a 2070 Super made by them and it was an absolute beast of a card, really good quality. They’re one of the lesser known brands but I haven’t got a bad word to say about them 🙂👍

KippleKat

Enthusiast
The LG is a beast. I'm looking at a second screen at some point soon so i can still browse and have a full gaming screen.

My head is telling me just get a nice simple 1080 screen, don't need anything fancy but my heart is telling me getting another LG as it matches :ROFLMAO:
It was the most I’d spent on a pc monitor, but it’s definitely worth every penny. Superior quality to my work screen. I use both for work now and the old one pales in comparison. If I don’t lose my job I’ll start saving for a second.
I think we've lost KippleKat for at least two weeks :D
I’m deep into settings and downloading everything I want on there right now. It’s so fast! 😃

Cobblers

Enthusiast
The green looks great in fairness. It's the colour I reckon my rig will end up with....

Enjoy though - part of the fun is the setting up.

It was the most I’d spent on a pc monitor, but it’s definitely worth every penny. Superior quality to my work screen. I use both for work now and the old one pales in comparison. If I don’t lose my job I’ll start saving for a second.

I’m deep into settings and downloading everything I want on there right now. It’s so fast! 😃
I might have just cracked and ordered one as Amazon warehouse had one for £220. Every payday is the same :ROFLMAO:

£220?! :D That madness, wish I got it that cheap :cry:
My first one wasn't that cheap trust me.

According to amazon this one is "Very good" with damaged packaging. So guessing it was a return. Still they're the only place i'd trust with "used" stuff. As 90% of it is unwanted returns and there customer service and returns policy if there's anything wrong is second to none :)

It looks like theres some still available at that price here