Should I replace parts or buy a new PC for more frames per second?

abdsal

My frames currently run 144fps on fortnite when I use low settings but they drop to 70-100 when matches are really stacked, I want a more stabled frame rate but I don't know if I should upgrade certain parts of my PC or buy a new one.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My frames currently run 144fps on fortnite when I use low settings but they drop to 70-100 when matches are really stacked, I want a more stabled frame rate but I don't know if I should upgrade certain parts of my PC or buy a new one.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 - HDMI
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
I take it it’s 1080p resolution?

Upgrading the PC wouldn’t improve the frame rate, it’s only the GPU that’s the concern.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes its 1080p, what GPU would you recommend ?
In that case it's likely just the RAM that's limiting performance, you should upgrade that to 16Gb. I'd also throw in an M2 SSD as that will have an impact on load times and other things.

Do you actually notice the reduced framerate? Or is it just the numbers that's concerning you?

abdsal

Thank you, and yes I notice when the matches are really stacked, my frames drop to 70-80 frames, I have a 144hz monitor which helps my frames run more smooth

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ViewSonic VX2458-MHD 23.6 inch LED 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor - Full HD, 1ms, HDMI
So basically this is what I reckon would benefit most:

I doubt it's the PC itself that's causing the reduced performance, but RAM is worth upgrading to 16Gb and as a niceity, an M2 SSD would be very worthwhile for OS and Games. GPU should be fine for your monitor.

Regarding the monitor, have you enabled freesync? My guess is you haven't and therefor you're getting screen tearing rather than noticeing the reduced framerates. I'm hoping that's the case anyway as that makes more sense than you noticing reduced framerate at 70fps.
Can you go to the following window: ‘Advanced Display Settings’ under your system ‘Display Settings’ (screen resolution) window, does it mention the viewsonic screen by name? And if you go into the nvidia control panel, have you got the option for GSync? You need to follow this to enable gsync on your GPU once it's correctly detecting the monitor as above:

Which game server are you connecting to, and have you tested your latency on that server? That is going to have more of an impact on framerates in heavy scenes than the PC being the issue.

Spyder, it's not the pc build it's fortnite having peformance issues, they said for some reason this season has really bad performance issues. I doubt it's his gpu tho