Should I switch to a 3080

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
If I switch to GTX 3080, will I move to the bottom of the queue/wait even longer?

No. Your place in the queue doesn’t change.

Unless the 3080 is showing as out of stock or on pre-order, then the wait might be longer but you still keep your place in the queue.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If I switch to GTX 3080, will I move to the bottom of the queue/wait even longer?
your place in the queue wont change, but if the waiting time for a 3080 is longer due to stock shortages then you could end up waiting longer, the queue position is determined by the original order date

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
It's a tricky question as I was actually told by the agent today it depends on given component availability and according to him that if I was to pick different GPU at this stage that would actually put me at the end of the queue for that card as each card has it's own queue apparently🤔🤔🤔

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a tricky question as I was actually told by the agent today it depends on given component availability and according to him that if I was to pick different GPU at this stage that would actually put me at the end of the queue for that card as each card has it's own queue apparently🤔🤔🤔
That's not the case, you probably had a new agent who didn't understand the process.

Changing components has no effect on your place in the queue. Only the wait time for that component.

RyanAl18

No. Your place in the queue doesn’t change.

Unless the 3080 is showing as out of stock or on pre-order, then the wait might be longer but you still keep your place in the queue.
Longer? I was told this:

We are currently processing your order (number -------) but unfortunately we are awaiting stock on the following items:

8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
- Our purchasing department have been trying to get the part you have ordered in stock, unfortunately it is hard to purchase in volume currently due to the ongoing stock constraint, and this will cause delay on shipping of your order, We do have stock coming in over the next few days which will cover all orders, that were placed before 9th of September. Other orders we will aim to fulfil as quickly as possible as and when stock has been received, we allocate stock on a weekly basis. Please note that if you wish to speed up your order, we suggest to amend to a different card model that we have in stock, such as the [8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR] or [10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR]

Well I got this email. Thought it may alleviate some people who are also waiting.

I ordered on the twelve september. I don't want to wait another month so should I switch to RTX 3080? The stock for 3080 shows orange.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Longer? I was told this:

We are currently processing your order (number -------) but unfortunately we are awaiting stock on the following items:

- Our purchasing department have been trying to get the part you have ordered in stock, unfortunately it is hard to purchase in volume currently due to the ongoing stock constraint, and this will cause delay on shipping of your order, We do have stock coming in over the next few days which will cover all orders, that were placed before 9th of September. Other orders we will aim to fulfil as quickly as possible as and when stock has been received, we allocate stock on a weekly basis. Please note that if you wish to speed up your order, we suggest to amend to a different card model that we have in stock, such as the [8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR] or [10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR]

Well I got this email. Thought it may alleviate some people who are also waiting.

I ordered on the twelve september. I don't want to wait another month so should I switch to RTX 3080? The stock for 3080 shows orange.
No one can answer that but you, if you have the extra £ 700 or so to accommodate the upgrade (GPU increase and suitable monitor) then it's probably worth it.

Vajra

Silver Level Poster
Longer? I was told this:

3080 would require high end monitor, otherwise you just end up using only a fraction of GPUs power wasting it's true potential and your money at the same time. Go for ot if you can significantly stretch your budget.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got this monitor: PCS GD27 27" GAMING MONITOR - 1440p, IPS, 165Hz
Yeah, completely pointless with the 3080. An entry level monitor for a 3080 costs about £750 with anything mainstream being over £1000

You need a 4k 144Hz or Superwide 1440 monitor to make any use of it.

RyanAl18

Yeah, completely pointless with the 3080. An entry level monitor for a 3080 costs about £750 with anything mainstream being over £1000

You need a 4k 144Hz or Superwide 1440 monitor to make any use of it.
Wow ok. I can afford the monitor at that price but I honestly don't want to go along with it now considering the expense would go over my allocated budget.

I'll go for a 4k monitor in the future. I'm ok with 1440p right now.