Should I wait for a 15.6" IONICO with a 12th gen Intel processor?

mgadelha

Title says it all.

I plan to buy the 15.6" IONICO and I wonder if there will be a processor update anytime soon. A 3080ti would also be nice but I'm fine with buying the 3080.

I can wait until mid April to buy the new machine, but if there isn't a planned update I'll just buy it right away.

Thanks in advance!

steaky360

I don't know if anyone here will be able to say if there's definitely going to be an Ionico update by April. You'd need to contact PCS directly (they might not see this thread).

Generally for the 'should I wait' question... in almost all circumstances, I'd always say no and that's usually because its marginal gains to wait.

If you wait till April, what happens if the 'next big thing' is announced just before then... should you continue to wait? Meanwhile you're without the new laptop. Obviously its less relevant if you're not really needing the machine now.

ABnormal

Title says it all.

I plan to buy the 15.6" IONICO and I wonder if there will be a processor update anytime soon. A 3080ti would also be nice but I'm fine with buying the 3080.

I can wait until mid April to buy the new machine, but if there isn't a planned update I'll just buy it right away.

Thanks in advance!

I rung up PCS. They don't have any info or release estimate on Alder Lake laptops.

Bit of a shame. The barebone competition is already taking preorders.

Last edited: