Sir Sean Connery - 1930 - 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 41971
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 41971

Sorry to hear Sir Sean Connery has passed away at the age of 90, a legend that transcended the decades, will be very sadly missed :cry:
my favs were obviously james bond as well as playing Indiana jones farther in the film and also entrapment acting alongside catherine zeta jones.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I posted this one earlier. Always gave me a chuckle. He was famous for refusing to change his accent. Not so well know for, ahem, singing.

Absolute legend no matter which way you slice it. Amazing screen presence and charisma. Hunt for Red October and the Untouchables are a couple of my additional favs.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry to hear Sir Sean Connery has passed away at the age of 90, a legend that transcended the decades, will be very sadly missed :cry:
my favs were obviously james bond as well as playing Indiana jones farther in the film and also entrapment acting alongside catherine zeta jones.

One of my all time hero actors, such a breadth of different films and different personalities.

I'm currently styling my hair after him in a lesser known film, Zardoz (if you get the chance, watch it, it's amazing):

zardoz-12.jpg

D

Deleted member 41971

Attachments

• 1604164445067.jpeg
    1604164445067.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Such sad news!

Not one of his best movies but one of my favourites of his is The Rock with Nicholas Cage and Ed Harris...as well as The Untouchables
I absolutely love The Rock. One of my favs too. When it came out there was a huge hype about it and it actually lived up to it. The cinematography in that movie was brilliant. Stellar acting across the board, which Cage isn't really well known for, and the ending was bang on. Great movie to watch any time, might even watch it tonight before the UFC :D

D

Deleted member 103489

R.I.P to the legend sean connery very sad news today.

Gavras

Master Poster
Love some of his films, like hunt for red october. But he approved of slapping women. Not good.
Times change but apparently he didn't.
(n)(n)(n)
I think that dragged around and dogged him for years.

a quick google and it gets loads of hits from posts today, ranging from hitting to he believed in beating up women.

He should have not defended his comment in ‘87 interview, that to me was far worse than the original comment.

however the context in the original interview has been avoided.

These days, a similar question to a Bond actor would likely get a different response.

it’s in no way justifiable (other than extremis) and is wrong no matter the sex of either person.

for me however it is the Only real black mark against his character.

his films have been on the whole great chunks of entertainment and it’s actually hard to pick a favourite.

Zulu, Highlander, Untouchables etc.

it’s also not covered much just how much he did for charity.

I do believe context must be taken in to account (previous questions, time period, growing up in Edinburgh etc).

PLAYBOY: Do you think he's sadistic?

CONNERY: Bond is dealing with rather sadistic adversaries who dream up pretty wild schemes to destroy, maim or mutilate him. He must retaliate in kind; otherwise it's who's kidding who.
PLAYBOY: How do you feel about roughing up a woman, as Bond sometimes has to do?
CONNERY: I don't think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman ... although I don't recommend doing it in the same way that you'd hit a man. An openhanded slap is justified ... if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it. I think a man has to be slightly advanced, ahead of the woman. I really do ... by virtue of the way a man is built, if nothing else. But I wouldn't call myself sadistic. I think one of the appeals that Bond has for women, however, is that he is decisive, cruel even. By their nature women aren't decisive ... "Shall I wear this? Shall I wear that?" ... and along comes a man who is absolutely sure of everything and he's a godsend. And, of course, Bond is never in lovewith a girl and that helps. He always does what he wants, and women like that. It explains why so many women are crazy about men who don't give a rap for them.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think that dragged around and dogged him for years.
Totally agree with all that's written there. He got stitched up an absolute belter in the interview and he paid for it. His ex Wife wrote in her autobiography about the physical violence too, but she was honest enough to admit that it was when they were both being physical with each other, she made mention that he was twice his size.... which is obviously accurate... but nothing justifies hitting anyone, regardless of gender or provocation (self defence aside). He could possibly be described as being a bit of a bully, reading the context, but again...... it's all sensationalised with being who he is. There's undoubtedly no smoke without fire but I genuinely think, in the grand scheme of things, a mountain has been made out of it because of who he is.