Skylar Grey Wow.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So you may not have heard of Skylar, but if we link this track, then you'll instantly know her. She was also known as Holly Hafermann and Holly Brook before her divorce.

She wrote the tune for Eminem, and she's co written countless others with him and other big name stars like Macklemore, Lupe Fiasco, Diddy, Kaskade and Moby to name a few.

She has a rather tragic history which culminated in having to give up the rights to her entire catalogue to pay for a rather awful divorce she was going through, so she lost everything she'd done before 2010.

But she's still going and releasing some incredible stuff. And she's now writing under her own name also. Wish her significant success.

But just watch this and tell me it doesn't hit you in the feels

Stand out line: "You'll always be my hero even though you've lost your mind."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

So you may not have heard of Skylar, but if we link this track, then you'll instantly know her. She was also known as Holly Hafermann and Holly Brook before her divorce.

She wrote the tune for Eminem, and she's co written countless others with him and other big name stars like Macklemore, Lupe Fiasco, Diddy, Kaskade and Moby to name a few.

She has a rather tragic history which culminated in having to give up the rights to her entire catalogue to pay for a rather awful divorce she was going through, so she lost everything she'd done before 2010.

But she's still going and releasing some incredible stuff. And she's now writing under her own name also. Wish her significant success.

But just watch this and tell me it doesn't hit you in the feels

Stand out line: "You'll always be my hero even though you've lost your mind."

shes great, my fav is when she teamed up with Eminem and dr dre for this banger

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
shes great, my fav is when she teamed up with Eminem and dr dre for this banger

God, that's an amazing track, had no idea it was her!

Dr Dre I swear is a genius, he's the man behind Eminem's success, Eminem wouldn't have had the traction he did at the start to get the Slim Shady LP off the ground in the way he did without him.

But you find Dre behind an awful lot of the hyper successful rap artists, Snoop Dog, Kendrick Lamar, 50 Cent to name a few.

I'm fairly new to this genre, and just really exploring east vs west, just about to pick up Biggie Smalls boxset, but it's incredible stuff, when you really pick up the lyrics and understand the social impact at the time, these guys are modern day poets at a really deep level.

I think Eminem is my favorite though, Stan is one of the best tunes ever written.

D

Deleted member 41971

God, that's an amazing track, had no idea it was her!

Dr Dre I swear is a genius, he's the man behind Eminem's success, Eminem wouldn't have had the traction he did at the start to get the Slim Shady LP off the ground in the way he did without him.

But you find Dre behind an awful lot of the hyper successful rap artists, Snoop Dog, Kendrick Lamar, 50 Cent to name a few.

I'm fairly new to this genre, and just really exploring east vs west, just about to pick up Biggie Smalls boxset, but it's incredible stuff, when you really pick up the lyrics and understand the social impact at the time, these guys are modern day poets at a really deep level.

I think Eminem is my favorite though, Stan is one of the best tunes ever written.

have you heard tupacs dis track to biggie smalls? if not ruthless

interesting link regarding dr dre's producing

the 90s was a great time for rap,

loved the production of venom by eminem via jimmy kimmel live in the US,

D

Deleted member 41971

@SpyderTracks if your getting into rap, look up Nate dogg regrettably no longer with us but featured on some bangers

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 41971

Eminem tunes

and check this song, especially how fast eminem raps at 3.09 onwards with the late juice wrld,

juice world banger,

Last edited by a moderator: