Skyrim: Character choice & pics!

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
NAME: Alvadore
RACE: Nord
ARMOUR: Heavy - steel plate
WEAPON OF CHOICE: skyforge steel greatsword or my glass bow
SPELL OF CHOICE: Healing
STYLE OF PLAY: warrior type, big sword and chop away or use my bow at long range or my 2nd bow which i use for soul catching

Last edited:

Deklore

Bright Spark
NAME: Deklore

RACE: Brenton

ARMOUR: Arch-Mage robes & Morokei Mask (steel gauntlets and boots)

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Firebolt (some sort of enchanted orc sword for close up emergencies)

SPELL OF CHOICE: Firebolt and Fire Atronach

STYLE OF PLAY: Shooting things at a distance with Firebolt. Summoning Atronach for crowd control (which doesnt really work that well) and very little hand to hand combat.
Only played about 15hrs so far but generally going through all the side quests and guild quests before progressing the main story arc. The only main story quests ive done is the one that gets you to Whiterun and thats it. Probably because of that i havent had 1 dragon attack me yet on my random walk abouts.

F me this game is huge!

MeveM

Bright Spark
NAME: Deklore

RACE: Brenton

ARMOUR: Arch-Mage robes & Morokei Mask (steel gauntlets and boots)

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Firebolt (some sort of enchanted orc sword for close up emergencies)

SPELL OF CHOICE: Firebolt and Fire Atronach

STYLE OF PLAY: Shooting things at a distance with Firebolt. Summoning Atronach for crowd control (which doesnt really work that well) and very little hand to hand combat.
Only played about 15hrs so far but generally going through all the side quests and guild quests before progressing the main story arc. The only main story quests ive done is the one that gets you to Whiterun and thats it. Probably because of that i havent had 1 dragon attack me yet on my random walk abouts.

F me this game is huge!

I suggest doing the main quest until you fight your first dragon, then they start coming.

The world seems bigger then it is at first glance :p

Deklore

Bright Spark
Cool. I'll do that then :)

I take it there is a scripted Dragon attack early on? (obviously after the very first one when you are a prisoner)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You are about 5 mins away from it if you are in Whiterun :D The first one is pretty easy for obvious reasons, but yes after that you will see them more and more :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
You are about 5 mins away from it if you are in Whiterun :D The first one is pretty easy for obvious reasons, but yes after that you will see them more and more :)

Excellent. Looking forward to bringing down a flying dragon with my firebolts "hadoken!" :)

Name: Blinky. (named after my obese 1 eyed cat)
Level: 31
Race: Khajiit/Werewolf. (A cat that turns into a dog on full moons...)
Armour: Uniquie aincient dark brotherhood armour upgraded to legendary meaning it hits the armour cap as light armour.
Weapons: Legendary Dwarven bow (More than 100 dam with perks and enchants)/Legendary blades sword/Legendary health absorb glass sword and the Blade of Woe (health absorb knife).
Spells of choice: Healing/lightningbolt
Play style: Ninja that by this point can take more damage than most heavy armour orientated warriors, generally shoot stuff with bow from sneak and then instant kill it with my legendary blades sword if it gets too close.

EDIT:
Second char.
Name: Celetheil Vastakei. (Name I use for 1st ed warhammer fantasy roleplay elf char)
Level: 9
Race: High elf.
Armour: Enchanted mages robes + enchanted ring which give me -80% to cost for casting destruction magic in total.
Weapons: I used a fine steel sword for about 10 seconds, level 16 one handed woot!
Spells of choice: Lightning bolt+Spark
Play style: Run away from everything screaming while trying to electrocute them. (knew I should of leveled upo some combat skills before enchanting)

Last edited:

Petchi b

Re-post of my character now that I've got a few hours in.

NAME: Byron (level 10)

RACE: Imperial

ARMOUR: Imperial Light

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Sword or Mace - Fine Skyforge Sword at the moment

SPELL OF CHOICE: Fire/Shock/Ice depending on enemy plus heal and candlelight.

STYLE OF PLAY: Battlemage - weapon and destruction spells. No shield, so if surrounded need to back off and/or use healing potions.

PICS: 2011-11-16_00001.jpg R.I.P Lydia :(

Last edited:

Park_Ranger

Bronze Level Poster
My character .........

Small, female, light armour.

Was going to be a ranger/archer, but I don't find it practical.

Most used weapon, Great Sword, use a bow now and then.

Level 15

Just chop their heads off..............

Attachments

• chop1.jpg
    chop1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 228

M3aaaq

Enthusiast
My character .........

Level 15

thats it.

My next character is gonna be a 2 handed warrior just for the head cutting xD

Petchi b

My character .........

Level 15

Awesome screenshot! +Rep!

Tracker

Enthusiast
I must admit i'm beginning to regret my character choices, i've since brought dave up to max smithing, with 70 enchanting and a little alchemy skill, and despite wearing the best armour available ( all legendary daedric), using a legendary daedric greatsword, a bunch of gear with +two handed weapon damage, and using a maxed out sneak skill to start off a fight with a two handed power attack from behind... he gets killed by bandit chiefs 50% of the time.. someone in full out physical armour, heavy weapons, and decent amounts of skills/perks in both (plus complimenting perks such as blocking at 50) and i really feel like he's underwhelming fighting a melee opponent, this is in stark contrast to watching my brother play, and one-shot them at higher difficulties because he's using a dagger, and with the right perk / gloves, he's doing 30x power attack damage in a sneak attack.

Dragons, on the other hand, are very easy (as they do not scale with you and your level), and naturally lack of magical defense means conjurors fry him.. but i'm happy that thats the case as thats normal, no magic defense, get owned by magic, simples.

anyone else having a similar experience? this is on a character with 270 stamina / rest on HP, so technically he should be an outright physical tank.

M3aaaq

Enthusiast
I must admit i'm beginning to regret my character choices, i've since brought dave up to max smithing, with 70 enchanting and a little alchemy skill, and despite wearing the best armour available ( all legendary daedric), using a legendary daedric greatsword, a bunch of gear with +two handed weapon damage, and using a maxed out sneak skill to start off a fight with a two handed power attack from behind... he gets killed by bandit chiefs 50% of the time.. someone in full out physical armour, heavy weapons, and decent amounts of skills/perks in both (plus complimenting perks such as blocking at 50) and i really feel like he's underwhelming fighting a melee opponent, this is in stark contrast to watching my brother play, and one-shot them at higher difficulties because he's using a dagger, and with the right perk / gloves, he's doing 30x power attack damage in a sneak attack.

Dragons, on the other hand, are very easy (as they do not scale with you and your level), and naturally lack of magical defense means conjurors fry him.. but i'm happy that thats the case as thats normal, no magic defense, get owned by magic, simples.

anyone else having a similar experience? this is on a character with 270 stamina / rest on HP, so technically he should be an outright physical tank.

Hmmm, you shouldn't really level up sneak while using heavy armour because heavy armour just makes loud noise when walking around which means you will be heard from far, and you could have "gimped" your character by leveling up smithing straight up (if you did that), also bandit chiefs aren't really weak, i'm at level 50 and they hit me pretty hard (although i use light armour + bow & dagger).

My advice for you is if you don't want to restart the whole game and do all the quests all over again, use this to remove the perks you don't want, and then use this to get your perk points back.

edit: looking at the comments of the second link it appears that the tool doesn't work after the latest patch so you're gonna have to wait for an update for it to use it :\

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
@Tracker i have a similar stat for my character with smithing/enchanting both at 100, archery is only about 47 and 2 handed around 36 i am only using the daedric greatsword and daedric bow both enchanted with soul catcher and fire enchants (only added these on this afternoon) not really had any problems with these weapons as they are now they seem really good to me but i had been killed a few times by dragons and a couple of other things when i was not keeping an eye on my health when i was using the ancient nord bow and the ancient nord greatsword. Some might find this a bit odd seen as i do prefer fighting with a greatsword i have only used the light armour while playing got a set of dragon scale at the moment all with different double enchants on except i do have 40% incease to archery on both the helmet and the bracers but will probably work on the heavy at some point aswell as i like the look of the daedric armour set. Oh as for alchemy whats that lol not really used any of that except for a couple of tutorial/quest things and the dragons are supposed to get tougher as you level up think they max out when you reach level 50 oh and the best tip i have found is make use of all the trainer people as you can pay them and get yourself 5 extra points on your stats every level.

Tracker

Enthusiast
now in my experience the opposite is true, Dragons don't seem to scale at all, yes you get stronger variants (blood, then elder) but the elders i faced at level 30 caused me little more problem than the ones i faced at 45, despite having about 10 levels where i only leveld enchanting, alchemy and sneaking. they really aren't scaling properly if thats the case, whilst every other enemy i face is, i've never been killed by a dragon, and only early game got injured much by them, i can take two on at once if i use beserker rage, and on their own i just walk up to them, elemental fury swing them to death, and have only taken a couple of hits, the fire breath i have some magic resistance gear especially for.

Sneaking works fine for me, i've got the muffle perk to half the noise i make, and at 100 i can happily walk behind enemies all day without being seen, (i've had 100 sneak for ages now, yes it's not particularly easy to level but i managed it, sneak-attacks actually give a big chunk of points towards your next sneak level) hell alot of the time i can approach them from the front and i can still get in a power attack-sneak attack! i wonder if my armour being weightless helps? as the sneaking penalty is supposedly calculated on the weight of the armour.. wouldn't make sense but perhaps a glitch or a bug. the only time i'm found out is when i do a power attack (which isn't by any means a silent move, screaming whilst swinging a huge battle axe about).

again, it just seems wierd that i can't fight a couple of regular mobs or a single boss mob, when my class is pretty much dedicated towards being able to deal with them, why bother when i can make a dragonscale set, use light armour, and a dagger, get about 20x the burst damage (thanks to the x30 multiplier) which ends most fights before they begin, and be no worse off against the big hulky enemies? If i've gimped myself by leveling smithing to 100 then what else am i supposed to do? I leel 2 handed weapons constantly, as i do with heavy armour, i'm using the best weapons and armour in the game (with two enchants at 100, barring none but maybe one or two legendary weapons) and i've got a tonne of hp along with a decent block skill ( which i use), it's not like i've leveld up skills i'm not actively using ( like speechcraft or magic persuasions i don't use) to inflate my level, everything is going towards making me a better combatant.. yet i'm only really as strong as i feel i should be for about 60 seconds per day (during bloodrage).

although if you're using daedric weapons and only wear light armour.. did you just not smith light armour at all, or have you got all perks in the smithing tree fear?

Fear

Prolific Poster
I started out by crafting a set of leather armour and just used that untill i maxed out smithing about the easiest thing to max by making lots of iron daggers you can then use them to increase your enchanting level and sell them on and that also helped increase my speech so after spending lots of time doing that and not much else apart from chopping firewood, trading and paying to get some skills improved from the trainers i unlocked all the perks for smithing as i wanted to be able to make everything up myself and improve it and also taken all the perks for enchanting to get the best out of my armours and weapons the rest i have been dividing between 2 handed, archery and light armour which will level up pretty quick now as i am finally adventuring.

The dragons level up every 10 of your character levels maxing out at 50 so they have 5 different strengths of them but the biggest advance they get are the health boost so normal dragon 905 going up to 3071 for the ancient dragon also their damage does increase from 37 for the normal dragon to 300 on the ancient but as long as you are avoiding the fire/frost breathing then yes they are very easy to kill, as for any other enemys i have met since upgrading my stuff i am not really feeling much of a challenge but ashamed to say i have just been playing on normal i think so guess i am going to have to increase it.

Tracker

Enthusiast
Enemies don't scale past level 50 and dragons never scale =) (you get stronger versions, as you said though.)

well i wouldn't know about the 50, being that i'm still only 47 myself ;D but if thats the case and i'm already hopelessly outclassed against most melee enemies for some reason, and the only things i haven't done are master my heavy armour / two handed skills (about 40 skill levels each to go for those) then am i just stuck feeling underwhelming against melee enemies?

had bit of a suprise today after patching and discovering that my resistance gear doesn't seem to work anymore.. and i got absolutely slaughtered by a single master conjuror in about 3 seconds flat.. and i'm now able to kill flame atronachs with fire spells (after enough time).. so.. i think somethings out of whack here! i'll have to resume the main quest soon, maybe try following the thief / dark brotherhood questlines.