Sleep Issue - Is my overclock setting affecting this perhaps

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
I've just received my shiny new PC and all seems to be okay so far, but I have an annoying issue with the sleep functions at the moment. I turned on the hibernate functions and then selected the relevant sleep option. The PC went to sleep fine. I left it a couple of minutes ...

However, it never came out of the sleep function.

Mouse did not activate PC ( I probably have to make a BIOS setting change for this)

Keyboard spacebar activates the PC and it starts but I get 3 beeps of same length I'd say med length. Video screen remains off and thats it. The PC stays on okay. So far I've only tried having the monitor in the external Vid card.

The BIOS settings suggest that the OC is on but I'm not used to this new fancy BiOS and its my first overclock ever so could be wrong. According to ASUS there is a potential issue for my MB as follows

FAQ
System may fail to resume from S3 after overclocking or with DRAM set to customized frequency or with XMP enabled, or with TPU Switch enabled.

Solution
Please ensure the 「Internal PLL Overvoltage」 option has been set to「Disabled」to prevent such failure.
If this is not the case, then the DRAM may have already gone to a unstable state (most commonly seem on DDRIII-2133 mode).
Try relaxing DRAM parameters a bit to see if that helps.

I'm happy to turn of hibernate functions but I would ultimately like to be able to have power save capability.

Anybody know what I can do to fix this annoying anomaly ( I know I can turn hibernate/sleep functions off but that not very cheap ;-)).

Also not sure why but I don't think I'm on the latest BIOS but I think thats only for SSD anyway and I don't have that.