Slow Startup/ weird glitch on startup (SSD)

F3AR

Hi, F3AR here. :)

So every other thing about my pc is amazing.
Except this one thing that has been nagging me and i have finally decided to take action (and make a video ^^)
Specs are:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 500MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£170)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£99)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

[video=youtube_share;lAXPl8st5nU]http://youtu.be/lAXPl8st5nU[/video]

Time taken to Boot up: 1:17;14

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Seems to me like it's doing some kind of checks when it boots up, I'd reset your BIOS and your CMOS and see what happens.

Stappa

Enthusiast
1MIN20 is slow for a new PC.....but after u install all your programs/apps/games etc the load up obviously takes longer,try using startup manager to turn all but the system programs off......or just leave well alone,if like me u have loads installed on startup it will take a min +

if u suspect your ssd is failing dl 'SSDlife Pro' freeware to check the state of your ssd??

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa..... whoa (Lois this is not my batman glass), everybody slow down a minute. Remember, the SSD only kicks in once the windows flag comes up, this was a 20 second boot time from here. Let me explain the boot up of your PC F3AR and we can hopefully help out!

Your Pc started up and then reset, this is the overclock getting checked, once verified the system reposts, hence the off and on.

THEN - you have got 2 bootup ROMs currently enabled on the PC, the few Marvell screens that came up, we can disable those I believe, and this will make the bootup alot faster, your SSD kicked in and it was all Thunder and Lightning after that, but the problem you have is the startup procedure is hindered by these Boot ROMs, do NOT reset your BIOS/CMOS!!! You will lose the overclock, and have to reconfigure everything, at absolutely no gain I guarantee you! This is a common misconception. Give me a call tomorrow (ask for Jack) if you're with your PC and I'll go through your BIOS with you if you want to double check it with one of us.