So… You Won The Lottery…

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
…and I’m talking EuroMillions amounts, let’s say £100,000,000 (115,814,134.40 Euros for my continental friends).

Imagine that dream scenario, you will never have to worry about money ever again. You commission an architect to design you a house and as part of that, you treat yourself to a room specifically for your tech needs. Could be a gaming room, could be an editing suite, could be a music studio, a listening room or all of the above.

What would you do? I’ll go first…

It would look just like the Red Room from Twin Peaks on one side:

4BF0738F-97F4-4A7B-AA22-37FD29C541DD.jpeg

On the other side it’d get more electric. I’d turn my current PC into a system specifically used for Truck Sim and mod the setup so it felt hella authentic:

43FAF71F-C94C-46F8-9B72-ABB384790D13.png

In another corner I’d have another PC, state of the art and hooked up to the new G9, to take care of all my AAA gaming needs (and playing another thousand hours or so of FTL). I’d be sat on a Herman Miller Mirra 2 and the surrounding RGB would be plentiful.

I’d also want a small bar area, with a pool table, dartboard and an original Point Blank arcade machine.

84835C36-A7B0-476C-8129-65AF40692B51.jpeg

Part of me wants to squeeze a little music studio in there too but the acoustics would be terrible. So I’d just have a couple of guitars hanging off the wall so I could noodle away if the urge struck me.

@SpyderTracks @Rakk @steaky360 @Scott @JustARandomPerson @sck451 @barlew @Bigfoot @NoddyPirate @Bhuna50 @MrWilson @Steveyg @Martinr36 @IRLRobinS @Aza @FerrariVie @Tron1982 @JUNI0R @moosEh @polycrac @slimbob @ActuallyDenz @NoddyPirate @DISCOSPARTA … and anyone else who wants to play. What would you do?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated room in my home to work and game in, that's reasonably well kitted out. So to go beyond that, I might look to have a woodshop, kitted out with a range of power tools (table saw, mitre saw, bandsaw, etc) that I could potter about in, making furniture and the like that maybe no one would ever like or buy, but I'd have many an enjoyable hour making....

Think of Steve Ramsey and his workshop if anyone is familar with his videos on YT.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Well, to me it just needs 4 things:

1- Room doesn't need to be pretty, but should have an acoustic isolation, so that I can use my mechanical keyboard without bothering the missus :cool: . Doesn't need to be the anechoic chamber, but as silent as possible to the outside world.
1656452414832.png

2- Which takes me to the second topic: A huge home theatre system (£6,900) with a nice TV (£10,999)
1656452454066.png1656452867609.png

3- F1 inspired PC racing simulator (£ 57,500)
1656452521402.png

4- The one and only decoration item hanging on the wall (£ 4,000,000)
1656452678491.png

Rakk

The Awesome
OMG, Point Blank, I remember playing that donkeys years ago on the PS1, was awesome :) (yes I do have that PS1 still)

To be honest I live on my own so would only need a slightly bigger house to have my perfect setup anyways, my gaming room is my main living room - so my kitchen is only 10 foot away and I don't have to go far to get anywhere - could just do with being about a couple of foot longer so I could fit in a desk big enough for a 3rd monitor and I'd be sorted.

Hopefully this makes sense after I've come back from a evening out :) (yay spellchecker)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated room in my home to work and game in, that's reasonably well kitted out. So to go beyond that, I might look to have a woodshop, kitted out with a range of power tools (table saw, mitre saw, bandsaw, etc) that I could potter about in, making furniture and the like that maybe no one would ever like or buy, but I'd have many an enjoyable hour making....

Think of Steve Ramsey and his workshop if anyone is familar with his videos on YT.
I love woodworking! My millionaire shed would be a haven to that activity, I spend many hours on Paul Sellers’ YouTube channel admiring how he does most things without power tools.

D

Deleted member 41971

…and I’m talking EuroMillions amounts, let’s say £100,000,000 (115,814,134.40 Euros for my continental friends).

Imagine that dream scenario, you will never have to worry about money ever again. You commission an architect to design you a house and as part of that, you treat yourself to a room specifically for your tech needs. Could be a gaming room, could be an editing suite, could be a music studio, a listening room or all of the above.

What would you do? I’ll go first…

It would look just like the Red Room from Twin Peaks on one side:

View attachment 33968

On the other side it’d get more electric. I’d turn my current PC into a system specifically used for Truck Sim and mod the setup so it felt hella authentic:

View attachment 33969

In another corner I’d have another PC, state of the art and hooked up to the new G9, to take care of all my AAA gaming needs (and playing another thousand hours or so of FTL). I’d be sat on a Herman Miller Mirra 2 and the surrounding RGB would be plentiful.

I’d also want a small bar area, with a pool table, dartboard and an original Point Blank arcade machine.

View attachment 33970

Part of me wants to squeeze a little music studio in there too but the acoustics would be terrible. So I’d just have a couple of guitars hanging off the wall so I could noodle away if the urge struck me.

@SpyderTracks @Rakk @steaky360 @Scott @JustARandomPerson @sck451 @barlew @Bigfoot @NoddyPirate @Bhuna50 @MrWilson @Steveyg @Martinr36 @IRLRobinS @Aza @FerrariVie @Tron1982 @JUNI0R @moosEh @polycrac @slimbob @ActuallyDenz @NoddyPirate @DISCOSPARTA … and anyone else who wants to play. What would you do?

off the top of my head I would have a combination in a gaming room of music and also new and retro consoles and also old style video game arcade machines complete with a collection of games for each. also things like gaming and music say posters and artwork on the walls. Be cool to have physical copies of old style gaming cases with manuals with games rather than downloading everything. Would also have air con as especially in the summer it would keep everything at optimum temperature.

I probably would not need 100 mill, but I would not say no if it I was extremely lucky to win such a prize.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
I'd probably look to fund a 1 petabyte M.2 drive so I could actually download the entire collection so I'd always have it!

A G9 probably wouldn't be big enough to fit all the desktop icons on though!
you'd be able to fit all the icons onto my screen although i'd admit it'll be potluck as to which one you actually end up playing as the icons would be so small it'd be impossible to figure out what game you just started! 😂 😂

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Well, to me it just needs 4 things:

1- Room doesn't need to be pretty, but should have an acoustic isolation, so that I can use my mechanical keyboard without bothering the missus :cool: . Doesn't need to be the anechoic chamber, but as silent as possible to the outside world.
View attachment 33974
most people can't stand to be in that type of room for long.. it's too quiet/silent for them. plus sound(s) tend to be deadened by the acoustic isolation.

it wouldn't bother me much as i can't hear much in the first place :ROFLMAO:

robin h 25

I wouldn't need a big house...
Something like this would be ideal for me,
my dream house.jpg

However, My garage would be much bigger than the house with a car lift to a hidden underground automated car storage build in...
Something like this...
A 16 car garage..
Dream car garage.jpg

Car storage like this but hidden underground, So that it not an eye sore
dream car storage 2.jpg

Perfect for storing all my dream cars,
dream car storage.jpg

And i would have a windowed gaming room at the back of the garage and a second floor to the garage over looking the 16 car garage with a very nice and insane driving / racing simulator...
Much like this £1,000,000 sim rig setup...
Dream driving sim.jpg