so far, so good.

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
Guess who arrived today? My new shiny friend, that's who!

9iy51w.jpg

Hello there, new friend!

30ic842.jpg

Unboxed. I turned it on, everything worked fine. I named the beast Baphomet, which turned out to be a mistake. I then got to work on transplating the HDD from my other machine into this one. It was tough! The drives cage was a little tricky to figure out, but we got there... but while I was attempting that, Baphomet began to live up to its demonic namesake.

14wpu8z.jpg

You see that? That's a cut. A pretty deep cut. From my new computer. I didn't even notice it until I started smearing blood all up the insides of the case, because I was too busy stressing myself out over how to get the HDD in. I'm sorry PCS, I had to cut some of the lovely cable ties you did for me. Now I have to get some in to tidy up the inside of the case.

153ognb.jpg

Side pane. I forgot to get any pics of the innards, because of course, I was busy being stressed. Will get some tomorrow, most likely, or at least when I have some new cable ties.

34obo14.jpg

2mo12qq.jpg

Charrlie the Charr chills out with the new monster in my life, and the new monster monitor that came with it. :)

And of course, the SPECS!!

Case PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3820 (3.6GHz) 10MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P9X79: INTEL® SOCKET LG2011
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1866MHz X.M.P(2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
HDD: Some Samsung 500GB fasty fast thing, I forget the exact name. - transplanted from my other machine.
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities Bigfoot Killer 2100 PCI-E Gigabit LAN Card - Max Gaming
Monitor IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
Some more piccies for your perusal.

While I was messing with my old rig, I took off the other side panel (the one sans fan). My case had always made a weird rattling noise, from day one, and I am sure that panel has not been off since the computer was being put together. No amount of tilting and shaking ever revealed the source of the noise, and I figured a screw had just gotten stuck between the side panel and the mobo mounting panel.

Turns I shoulda looked sooner - a whole quid was sitting in there!

67o3gp.jpg

The insides of my old rig, just for comparison-

16hm5uc.jpg

The insides of the new rig, and the meh job I did of trying to be tidy putting ties on things.

105zcw5.jpg

I always get a weird feeling when looking at this card. It's like... it has... sentience...

svno1j.jpg