So I want a new phone :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Hey everyone,

I want a new phone, firstly am really pants with mobiles, i have no idea what is good or bad. Hope you guys can help. :)

-I don't want a iphone or a blackberry,
-thinking of an android,
-want to be able to use the steam app to chat to friends :)
-dont really fancy a 24 month contract,
-this may sound daft, but i was thinking, i could get a sim only contract for 12 months from 3, and just buy a phone separate?

any ideas guys n girls?

thanks tom

Meds

I'll be joining the Samsung Galaxy S3 band wagon when the blue ones finally arrive.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'd say shun the Galaxy bandwagon and get a Nokia Lumia (not just because I have one). However, as App writers are completely biased to iOS and Android, I'm not sure the Steam App will be on Windows Mobile :( (seriously, it really bothers me that even massive companies don't have their apps on Windows, with some even shunning Android...gits).

If not a Lumia, then I reckon Galaxy S2 is the way to go. If you aren't too worried about your phone, I wouldn't bother getting an S3, and instead look for an S2 deal once the S3 is out :D

keynes

Multiverse Poster
sorry Ruben, But I dont need to conform with the rest of society.

I'd get a galaxy instead, last time I upgraded I was able to get a discount (5-10%?) of my monthly contract by showing my NUS card. I know some network providers offer student discounts.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks guys, settled for a cheapy htc from 3, 13 quid a month, fitted in my budget well, as I don't wanna pay alot a month.

Would love a good phone, but cant afford it with being a student.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
I'd get a galaxy instead, last time I upgraded I was able to get a discount (5-10%?) of my monthly contract by showing my NUS card. I know some network providers offer student discounts.

That's interesting, do you have any suggestions?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That's interesting, do you have any suggestions?

Vodafone offered me a good deal including a discount on my monthly contract and the one off payment for the iphone 4S, try going to a local branch and show your NUS card.

Teaz

Godlike
Not, sure on phone as I ain't picky with it nor do i flash my phone as 'society'. Just content with my iphone. However, I can show you a sexy deal for the sim. pay an go, not contract. i just top up 10 quid most months and i get unlimited text, and data with 250mins which is sexy to be honest.

Same goes for anyone wishing to change :)

Jamwllms

Bronze Level Poster
thanks guys, settled for a cheapy htc from 3, 13 quid a month, fitted in my budget well, as I don't wanna pay alot a month.

Wild stab in the dark.. HTC Wildfire S? ;]

I paid for my phone outright, and have a SIM only contract. It's worth doing, but if you want a shiny new top of the range phone, you need a lot of cash to pay for it outright. But the money you save per month, you can easily buy a new one within two years, and then some! :)

F3AR

Got the Galaxy S3 ordered today on a 36 quid a month contract! only 30 quid standalone fee!

P.s It's on Vodafone
So, the question is, who wants pics?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
tom you shoulda got the Orange San Diego, has the new intel atom chip! pretty powerful, thats probably what im gonna get

I dont like iPhones, or Blackberrys, iPhones are rip-off and lack any customization and blackberrys have the hardware of the old nokia bricks

johnckeen

My boss just walked in with the nokia lumia 900, i must admit its a sexy phone. I loved it as soon as i started playing with it.

+1 for the nokia band wagon, cant wait to get rid of my iphone 4(jailbroken) and get me one of these :D

Got the Galaxy S3 ordered today on a 36 quid a month contract! only 30 quid standalone fee!

P.s It's on Vodafone
So, the question is, who wants pics?

Got the same deal as you F3AR, was told it was a 2-5 week wait time but it arrived on Friday after only 3 days. So expect yours soon ;)

It's a speedy little blighter for sure.