So I want a new phone :)

sted

Rising Star
All mobile networks are inherently evil! That said o2 are the best network going I think, been on a few and o2 seem to be the best.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Galaxy SIII, HTC One X, ASUS PadFone (its not released in UK yet) Nokia Lumia W8 (When released)

the SIII and One X are much more powerful than the iPhone will be with a bigger screen and are much slimmer lighter and more comfortable (assuming the iPhone 5 uses a similar sharp edge design as the 4S) I think the only new parts are the slightly larger screen (still not 4") and a new dock connector, tbh thats not enough to warrant a new purchase when you consider how much samsung added to the SIII compared to the SII

Check out the padfone here http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/ Its a great idea although i dont think buying this one is really a good idea, a imagine the PadFone 2 will be much slimmer lighter etc

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
Galaxy SIII, HTC One X, ASUS PadFone (its not released in UK yet) Nokia Lumia W8 (When released)

the SIII and One X are much more powerful than the iPhone will be with a bigger screen and are much slimmer lighter and more comfortable (assuming the iPhone 5 uses a similar sharp edge design as the 4S) I think the only new parts are the slightly larger screen (still not 4") and a new dock connector, tbh thats not enough to warrant a new purchase when you consider how much samsung added to the SIII compared to the SII

Check out the padfone here http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/ Its a great idea although i dont think buying this one is really a good idea, a imagine the PadFone 2 will be much slimmer lighter etc

The SIII and HTC One X both look like awesome phones.. it's so hard to make these decisions as i'll be locked into a contract for the next two years!!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
both would be a great investment, hopefully i willbe getting a nokia lumia when windows 8 is released, as long as they keep the current design because thats the main reason i want it, the cyan is amazing

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
I've had a play with a Galaxy SIII and it's great! The only thing I would say is if it would bother you having a massive phone then that's not the one to get, it's one of the biggest phones I've seen.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I still think the SIII will be much more powerful, there have been no rumours of a quad core for the iPhone, nor any rumours about it being the A5X with the quad core graphics, the only solid rumour is the slight screen size increase and a new back and charger socket, not enough to warrant another £500 when the SIII will still have a bigger screen with better resolution, a quad core CPU, slimmer design, lighter etc etc all for quite a bit less price wise, other than it being a fashion accessory i dont understand why so many people get iphones they really are inferior phones up against the One X and SIII and possibly some others, and android has developed a lot recently into a very awesome operating system, I could see it doing well up against windows on the PC market

Last edited:

SneakyRussian

But when you think of 4S does it really need a power hike? Currently it copes extremely well with every APP out there. Furthermore what I like is the App store and huge availability of apps.

I never seen S3 but for me screen is just too big even on S2. 4S is big enough as it is. Add say a Speck cover on it and its already a mini brick! However in now way I Can see that Iphone 4s is an inferior phone? There is literally nothing I can do as quickly and as beautifully smoothly as on Iphone 4S. Can only imagine 5 would be better.

Tried S2 the other day, so slow and twitchy. Dislike.

At the same time, I personally hate apple computers.

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
But when you think of 4S does it really need a power hike? Currently it copes extremely well with every APP out there. Furthermore what I like is the App store and huge availability of apps.

I never seen S3 but for me screen is just too big even on S2. 4S is big enough as it is. Add say a Speck cover on it and its already a mini brick! However in now way I Can see that Iphone 4s is an inferior phone? There is literally nothing I can do as quickly and as beautifully smoothly as on Iphone 4S. Can only imagine 5 would be better.

Tried S2 the other day, so slow and twitchy. Dislike.

At the same time, I personally hate apple computers.

Well, the iphone 5 is hopefully being revealed today so i can finally make a decision! I don't care much for a bigger screen that's why i held back on the S3..

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the iPhone 5 will be another boring release with practically everything the same as the last apart from a few a slightly larger screen and everyone will fall for it and say its amazing and all the sheep will buy it and then if you walk past the apple shop it would seem like a farm because everyone will be going 'Baaaa' and they will all be grey and look exactly the same because they are all to silly to have their own personality so they just buy into the hypes

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Indeed Wozz, and Apple will be praised for it, yet Nokia get slammed for the Lumia 920 for not being "revolutionary"...experts and the media are idiots :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Indeed Wozz, and Apple will be praised for it, yet Nokia get slammed for the Lumia 920 for not being "revolutionary"...experts and the media are idiots :)

yep they wont be revolutionary simply because it doesnt have an 'i' infront of it, despite having higher ppi screen, wireless charging, professional camera etc.

Im almost definitely getting the Lumia 920 although earlier i saw the new Kobo phone, which is full HD (1920x1080) 5" screen, 2GB RAM, Qualcomm quad core and a 12mp camera, AWESOME, although I have no idea if its gonna be released in the west and pricing

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Wow thats a great article and all true

+rep

Glad me and the one with the bad eye are agreeing on something XD

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
As pointed out in the bbc article, all Apple do when they sue people is either look like a bully (as in that case Smoke) or clutching for straws when someone else does something better than them.

Even if you disagree with the article, the ending is spot on and can't really be argued with...Apple, against all that they stood for back in the day, are now just boring!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yep, and that is why they wont stop being boring until people realise that their products are no better than the equivalent any more, which will be a while yet, seeing as just about everyone I know has an iPod when you can get a 4GB MP3 player for £6 on eBay

For macs, most crapple lovers say, 'you dont get viruses, and it just works'

First of all - As long as you have an antivirus and the brain power of a chimp, the chances of getting a virus are very slim
And now, viruses are becoming very common on Mac and they have therefore been forced to add an antivirus, i think there was 1 virus that affected about 1.7million Macs

And the 'it just works' is just stupid, my PC 'just works' 99% of the time and I dont 'need' to tamper with it by updating etc, i choose to, to get improved performance form drivers etc

The thing I find funny is that they compare their £2000 Mac to their old £400 cheap-o laptop, wtf do you expect, yes the hardware is usually cheaper for PCs but £400 worth of kit that 5 years old is not going to be superior compared to a brand new £2000 Mac

Rant over.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah my last laptop was a MacBook only 2 years old brand new and yeah most of the time it did just work but when all your doing is the web and office that's not a massive statement to make. Mine had some problem with the graphics it wouldn't run iTunes visualizer etc and was in the store about 3 times to get looked at and they said "I was asking too much of it". There words not mine but I didn't think that was a lot. Ended up selling it to my dad.