So Many SSD To Choose from! Advise needed please

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
Hey:

At the moment I have a 2tb WD black caviar, what I use as my boot up drive I use alot of storage as I edit/create HD film what stay on the drive for a day or so , I also have a WD green drive what get used as a back up drive and the a 500gb for the music.

My question is that I'm looking to buy a SSD to put in the pc to put my OS on, now it the time I want to change current hdd but I just don't know what SSD or size to buy I want Somthing with some punch, I have read loads of forms ect but still can't make up my mind, also can/how I transfer the data on my current hdd to the SSD as I don't want to reinstall a fresh copy of windows on the SSD, if you can is it easy todo ? if some can help it would be most greatful !!!

It must be sata3

Thanks in advance !

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
To transfer the OS to the SSD you would need to use something like Paragon Migrate OS to SSD as windows own back up program can't transfer the system to a smaller drive.,some SSD's come supplied with transfer software.

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
To transfer the OS to the SSD you would need to use something like Paragon Migrate OS to SSD as windows own back up program can't transfer the system to a smaller drive.,some SSD's come supplied with transfer software.

What kinda SSD would u choose ? And we're would you buy the software from? The net?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster

can I do that from SSD to new SSD, I upgraded but I never got round to finishing the install because I have so much stuff customized

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
can I do that from SSD to new SSD, I upgraded but I never got round to finishing the install because I have so much stuff customized
You can transfer the OS to the new SSD using windows7 own system image backup,as long as the new drive is the same size or larger than the source drive,you will need either a spare internal hard drive or an external usb hard drive to store the image.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeh, I upgraded from a 120gb 3gb/s to a 256gb 6gb/s

thanks a lot, might just reinstall doing this now then

Where is this windows 7 system image backup then?

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
Yeh, I upgraded from a 120gb 3gb/s to a 256gb 6gb/s

thanks a lot, might just reinstall doing this now then

Where is this windows 7 system image backup then?

What kinda SSD have u got as I'm looking to buy one but soo many to choose from ie makes ect ect

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
My current 120gb is an intel one which I will probably sell if I ever complete the process of changing to the new one its 3GB/s and came with a 7 yr warranty and I bought the PC with the SSD in december

The new one is a Crucial 256GB 6GB/s which I got a very good deal on, £130 I think (not from PCS) I can't really comment on performance etc cos Ive never really used it

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
I have been looking a corsair but again I'm not sure if it a descent 1 all I need it for is the OS SYSTEM

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
All the popular brands are very good now, just dont get an old OCZ one, any other company is fine get one with at least 2 yr warranty as well if you are interested in my intel one, let me know

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
All the popular brands are very good now, just dont get an old OCZ one, any other company is fine get one with at least 2 yr warranty as well if you are interested in my intel one, let me know

Is it a intel 320 (3gbs) ... How much?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i've got a corsair force gt and its flipping ace!, never had a problem with it,

you can pick upa 240gb corsair force 3 ssd for about 120ish, so thats wht i'd do.