Build advice

Citrus_9

Expert
thank you for chiming in! thats great to hear and personal experience is always the best, especially with being realitively close to my build.

so you used the capellix, not the pro xt and it works like a charm? that sounds good

would u recommend the 19 quid upgrade?

and which case did u use?
I have chosen Corsair 5000X. They have 3 built-in RGB front fans. PCS currently don't have them in stock, but a tower box can be purchased from anywhere else and be delivered to PCS, just need to pick an option 'use my own PC case' and while ordering there is a field to write down a PC case name and where it's bought from so PCS could manage it better. I would highly recommend talking to someone in this forum if you decide to buy somewhere else and send a PC case to PCS, just for the sake of peace to make sure all the components would fit in the case as each case is different (mainly due to size, air flow design and fans complectation).
Now, about H115i Capellix. Originally I picked H115i Pro XT, but this is just a pump head what has RGB lights while the AIO fans are none-RGB. Forum legends pointed out that if I'm getting a 5000X which comes with RGB case fans, it would look aesthetically nice to also have AIO fans RGB. In regards to performance I believe there's no significant difference, but mainly the lights and colours which in the beginning I was sceptical about while now I'm not sure what I like more - the machine itself, or the lights 😍

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
i am personally not much into rgb (though one of my gfs is).
so wait, the pro xt has some rgb, but capellix more? and first i though u choose due to better performance :D i need to compare it best
i just want a simple case definitively, but one that fits place wise and airflow wise. currently i still have the 4000D in, would everyone still advise that? ;) literally my last point, than i can order when my money comes in.
btw i love the glas though, to be able to see how it works.

oh, if it works here, feel free to send a pic of yours.

Citrus_9

Expert
i am personally not much into rgb (though one of my gfs is).
so wait, the pro xt has some rgb, but capellix more? and first i though u choose due to better performance :D i need to compare it best
i just want a simple case definitively, but one that fits place wise and airflow wise. currently i still have the 4000D in, would everyone still advise that? ;) literally my last point, than i can order when my money comes in.
btw i love the glas though, to be able to see how it works.

oh, if it works here, feel free to send a pic of yours.
Ok, most important - one of your girlfriends? How many girlfriends do you have? 🤔

Back to ex machina - RGB Pro XT has RGB lights on a pump only, AIO fans are plain non-lighted white, while Capellix has pump and fans with shiny RGB lights. At night it looks nice when all lights in room are off, then AIO RGB fans' lights shine a bit through the PC case roof (not much, but still, pleasing and sometimes enlightens my swingy moods).

4000D is a great case, I'm just not 10000% sure if H115i AIO rad would fit in the roof, but alternatively it could be mounted in the front which is also good. It's a good case airflow wise, good price, as for the price the case is good quality. 5000X, which I got, is larger (taller and I think deeper). 4000D is an all rounder, definitely one of the most popular cases.

I'll make a review and send pics of my build some weeks later in a new thread. Currently too busy thinking how I want to make the road network in my new city on Cities Skylines 🤣

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
this one i think

sorry, i overread it. i just skimped thru it, i think he reduced some output by 20watt.
just skip the unnecessary rant in the beginning
Thanks for providing that, much appreciated! 👍

My dabblings into that kind of thing are nowhere near as extensive as some of my esteemed colleagues and I’m sure they’re capable of giving you a more scientific breakdown but to me, that video says that cooling solutions aren’t optimum. Insufficient cooler and/or bad case choice, something isn’t quite right there. And I wouldn’t necessarily consider an undervolt as an acceptable way of living with the choice of desktop processor purely to keep a system running at reasonable thermals. I’m dubious, it’d be good to hear what @SpyderTracks or @Scott think, they’ve got a little more experience in this arena 👍

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
4000D is a great case, I'm just not 10000% sure if H115i AIO rad would fit in the roof, but alternatively it could be mounted in the front which is also good. It would definitely fit in front of 4000D. It's a good case airflow wise, good price, quite solid build. 5000X, which I got, is larger (taller and I think deeper). 4000D is an all rounder, definitely one of the most popular cases.
than it should be fine, i mean service would tell otherwise i guess and if airflow is nice too...

Ok, most important - one of your girlfriends? How many girlfriends do you have?
sorry, forget its not normal for everyone. I am just poly and have 5 gfs, but I currently only live together with 2, 2 of them are in other countries sadly. But am still a lucky girl. I decided this here with my nestpartners too, they are excited too.
And I wouldn’t necessarily consider an undervolt as an acceptable way of living with the choice of desktop processor purely to keep a system running at reasonable thermals
yeah true. didnt mean as a perfect solution. but alas it doesnt seem like everyone is hit by the issue weirdly. maybe AMD fixed or will fix it too, who knows, but well in corona times. lets hope i dont have to wait till xmas for mine :D

Citrus_9

Expert
sorry, forget its not normal for everyone. I am just poly and have 5 gfs, but I currently only live together with 2, 2 of them are in other countries sadly. But am still a lucky girl. I decided this here with my nestpartners too, they are excited too.
Sounds amazing! I dream about having two partners and be living three of us. Sadly, I'm not good at relationships and even one person can't stand me longer than 5 years with me.

That's why I'm having the ideal relationship with my new PC 😍

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
sorry to hear that but yeah its not for everyone. it is true - each is their own relationship u have to make work, not like willy-nilly hump and go like some say. but if you ever wanna try to find out - best is just to make friends with poly people and maybe sth comes along - like i didnt look out for those, they just happened naturally. and trust me i still wonder what they see in me, as i feel they are more awesome than me.
at least we can all have fun with this PC now

oh and i checked the elite one, the commander unit sounds pretty cool. i already know which my "rgb girl" wants to choose and alas now i have almost 100 free. finally finished.

thank you all again!

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
I already pre-ordered my build and no one mentioned anything about, so maybe I am just paranoid. Though as I am a noob and just stumbled over
the fact that I never researched that part, I thought to give it a quick shot here to ease my mind.
So the question: Are extra case fans worth it or even necessary, especially in this set up? (Also if none apply, does that mean i got fans on the outside, right?)
thx ahead already, here is my build

Case
CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
NOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Surge Protection
6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Subject to stock availability on pre-order products

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You build is decently balanced, the 4000D will come with two fans in the front then the H115i will come with another two fans.

I'm not sure where the H115i is mounted on the 4000D but ideally it would be on the roof. If it can be mounted on the roof you wont need extra fans if it has to be mounted on the front I would add an exhaust fan on the roof

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
That is a relieve to be sure. Agree, makes sense to be on the top. I would assume PCS would see it the same way or do you think I would
need to contact them to make sure it is done that way? (its currently in pre-processing)