Software for burning to blank DVD/Blu-ray discs

films&games

Enthusiast
Hi,

What are good, reliable software, preferably free is there available to use for burning data etc to blank DVD/Blu-ray discs?

I currently use Imgburn, which hasn't been updated since 2013. I use this to backup data to blank DVD/Blu-ray discs.

Are there any free alternatives to Imgburn – which are either the same in terms of features or better?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Just write the data in Windows explorer for DVDs

For bluray, either you can do it via Windows explorer too or you'll get software provided with the drive you buy. I have a bluray writer in the PC but can't spare the time to check right now am afraid :)

You need special software (that comes with purchased BR drives) to watch bluray movies, not sure about writing data, may be doable via Windows explorer.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I checked quickly and it seems you can write files to bluray disc in Windows Explorer. If you're writing videos to it and want the discs to be playable on video players you probably need special software as my bluray player didn't recognise the .mp4 video files, but if it's just for putting data on you should be fine with just copying the files onto the disc