Some queries about the specification

Araneidae

A couple of questions about this machine. The "detailed specification" page is rather less helpful than the "features" page, guess I looked in the wrong place first. I found Intel's page on the motherboard, probably worth linking to as well.

I suppose, looking at the Intel product brief, that the case doesn't have an independent identification or description, so my questions about this machine are:

1. Does the case have a fan? I presume not, and that the only moving part is the hard disk.
  2. Is there an external power supply with this case? I presume so.
  3. Is the "Maximum Supported Memory = 2GB" line on the specs page a mistake? The motherboard spec says it supports 4GB.
  4. If I buy the machine with 2GB does that come as 2x1GB or 1x2GB? Relevant if I want to upgrade memory later.
  5. I presume the machine supports USB booting (I guess these days this is a superfluous question)?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Tad puzzeled as to what case you're referring to here :/ I dont see any mention of it in your OP :/

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We do link to the motherboard page when you click "Full Specification" on the help button next to the motherboard option :p

Regarding your questions:

1. The case does not have a fan, but the PSU does. We have some new stock coming in about 3 weeks that uses a PICO ITX PSU - the PC will be 100% silent (except HDD) - it's really nice!

2. The PSU is integrated in this case, but the next generation will have an external power supply, like a laptop.

3. I will check why we don't list an option for 4GB. It may be a revised generation of this board to enable 4GB. If it supports 4GB we will list this option.

4. It will be a 1 x 2GB module.

5. Yes, this supports USB booting.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Araneidae

1. The case does not have a fan, but the PSU does. We have some new stock coming in about 3 weeks that uses a PICO ITX PSU - the PC will be 100% silent (except HDD) - it's really nice!

Thanks very much. I think I'll wait then!