Sony vegas vs adobe premier

deh-cheesekake

Bronze Level Poster
I have reached a dilemma, can you help? I am an avid video editor who loves editing videos (duh) with his 30 day trial of Vegas Movie Studio. I have explored all areas of the product and have managed to learn the inns and outs of it. However how it has expired I will either need th purchases it or go back to windows live movie maker (nooo)

The reason I ma telling you this is because I am torn between buying:

I wish to be able to edit videos I have captured from my PC with FRAPS & from my camera. I plan on putting the recorded video onto youtube. Please tell me which product you would recomend for me as I am not sure which to go with

CookieDunne

I have had experiance with both Sony Vegas 10 and Adobe Premier, I use Premier in college. This is all down to personal preference in my opinion, both great bits of software with different pros and cons, for me I prefer Vegas. I find it has an easier user interface and more things you can do. Also I would recommend geatting Adobe After Effects once you feel you are redy to expand into more complex and greater things.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
You can currently get the entire Adobe Creative cloud Student and Teacher edition for £15.88 here. I would thoroughly recommend it.

geedoboi

I use Sony Vegas 12 but am also familiar with Adobe Premiere. I'd say it's completely down to what you find easiest/most enjoyable... You can pretty much do the same with either so it's up to you my friend!

Androcles

Rising Star
neither, i prefer Serif Movie Plus X3 and Ulead Video Studio 11, between them two i have pretty much all i need at a fraction of the price of the Sony/Adobe stuff :)