Sony Xperia Go

sakumatu

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Does anybody have a hands on real life experience with Sony Xperia Go.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-go/

I have read all sorts of reviews about this phone and I know about low resolution screen and so on and so on. My question actually would be that can this phone be used as a GPS without a network connection? I mean as a stand alone GPS. Like you're abroad and you don't wanna pay extra for roaming charges.
And how long battery actually lasts?

All I want is the really basic smartphone with what I could time to time check my emails, facebook and not to get lost. :yes: and fits in my pocket easily. Don't like those huge Galaxy 3 type of phones and iPhone is absolute no no zone. A bit of ruggedness comes handy, since I'm a carpenter.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i cant comment on that phone, but I have a sony experia s, got it from three at a very good price.

its a pretty small phone, looks good, works well, handles the usual apps perfectly fine, hotmail, gmail, bbc news, i player, google play store. I've not bothered playing music from it, so cant say about that, but its ideal for basic smartphone. also small enough to get in ya pocket.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You would need a maps app that allows for offline viewing, and im not sure if google maps does this, the only one I know of that definitely allows offline is Nokia Drive, which I believe will be available in all Windows 8 phones