sorry if in wrong section, just wondered if someone would know about full fiber at all

leea123

Enthusiast
Hi, there just wondering if anyone had full fiber installed. I have my router in a room upstairs, wired connection to pc and consoles, and have booked to have an install, and they said the engineer would look on the day it was possible to have it in the same place if not i just can't have it really

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience of having it installed and if the location was not an issue?

Thank you

steaky360

I have had full fiber installed recently, the engineer who came to run the fiber cables was very accommodating.

The cable was ran to the existing termination in the house but I'd elected to have it ran elsewhere (through my garage and ultimately under my stairs), they had no issues doing it and made a very neat job of it all.

It shouldn't be an issue to install the fiber line to the same place as your existing copper connection as (certainly from what I've seen in my area) they are running the fiber cables along the same routes/lines/conduit etc.

Although that said, you won't know till the engineer comes to do the install.