Sound coming from one speaker only

Kua141

Around a week ago while I was using the computer, I suddenly discovered that the sound came from only the left speaker. It worked 5 minutes before, as I had watched a movie or something right before this. I do not know how it happened or what happened, but there only comes sound from the left speaker.
I tried flipping the cables around, so that the left speaker was plugged into the right one, and then the right speaker made sound, but not the left. It's the same with headphones. There's only sound from the left side. I've tried balancing the sound, but there is No sound at all coming from the right one. I've turned the volume all the way up, with the left speaker turned all the way down, and there is not coming anything out.

I have tried reinstalling Realtek HD Audio Manager, no difference. Tried uninstalling all the sound drivers, nothing happens, still only from left speaker. But I tried hooking my phone up to the speakers with an AUX cable, both speakers worked perfectly. There was no problem. So the problem is not the speakers. It's not the AUX's problem either, I've tried with the same one that worked for my phone.

Troubleshooting does not show any results, it says it's all fine. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the sound card, but I don't know much about sound. I've looked around for a solution for the problem, but on all the forums I've been at, there has been nothing that worked for me. I might not have done it right, but I think I've written at least most of what I've tried here, SO anyone know what could fix this? I really want to fix this soon.

Forgot to mention: The "Sound card" is integrated in the motherboard. So have no sound card other than the integrated one. Would buying a seperate soundcard fix this problem, or would I have to get a new motherboard?

Last edited: