Sound Issues - Rear speakers not working - FIXED

jerpers

Master
Hello

I thought I'd post this just in case anyone else comes across the same issues have.

Finally got round to watching a movie on my new PC planning to test the Realtek quality and if I'd need a separate sound blaster. I have a teuful sound system which I bought specifically for it's connectability to a PC via 3 phono plugs. I set the options to 5.1 in the Realtek HD audio manager software and tested the speakers....all good. Sat down to watch my movie using PowerDVD 15 and had no sound from the rear speakers. I went back to the Realtek software, tested all good but still no rear sound from the movie. I checked the speakers using the receiver, Sky box and all good. I removed and replaced all cables but still no sound from the movie. Just before tearing my hair out I went into the sound manager on windows itself. Control Panel - Hardware and sound - Sound. Then right clicked on the speakers and selected configure speakers. Windows had the speakers set to stereo. After changing it to 5.1 all worked fine. I couldn't believe it was that simple, kicked myself for spending an hour trying to fix it.

I'm probably just stupid and no-one else will have this problem but just in case, hopefully I can save you some time.