Spiritbox

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just discovered Spiritbox yesterday and cannot get their songs out of my head. Hauntingly beautiful with brutal switch at the drop of the hat, seriously special stuff. I'm a massive fan already

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I really get a kick out of this heavy rock / female soft singer vibe, the contrast just works so well.

Thanks for the pointer, this is going on the wishlist!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm sure everyone is aware of these guys, but on the same vein, although not quite as heavy are Evanescence with Amy Lee at the helm.

Amy Lee is quite simply one of my all time favorite singers / composers, she's such an undeniable talent and quite a tortured soul.

On their latest album they redid Fleetwood Mac's - The Chain.... to have the guts to do it is one thing, but to make it half decent is something else entirely:

And if you haven't had the chance, check out their Synthesis album performed live, a sort of orchestral / synth reworking, it's quite remarkable, see the video if you can, it's well worth a watch:

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Strangely Rule of 9s had me thinking of INXS. Thought provoking sound though, felt like a computergame, frantic scene type song.
Constance I loved, a little soft compared to the others but really good sound.
Holy Roller really wasn't my thing.

Evanescence is as good as it gets for me with that style of music. Bring me to life is just breathtaking IMO.

Jinjer - Pisces... Not quite sure what to make of that. Initially thought I was listening to a Female matchbox 20..... before she went to the dark side 😂 😂

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The more I look into Spiritbox the more I absolutely love what they do. Holy Roller in particular has super interesting lyrics, I get the brutal style vocals aren't for everyone but I'd recommend having a peak at the lyrics anyways. Love the duality and contrast

Constance is just a beautiful song brilliantly composed

Yeah Jinjer are really interesting, Judgement & Punishment is a real cool one Tatiana goes from Regee to Rock to Brutal all within the first minute and it's madness but it really works together.

I'm purposely trying to expose myself to as much new music as possible at the minute. I usually do this every couple of months because it's really easy to just get lost in the same songs I've been listening to for 20 years. I like to find out what the new stuff sounds like and I'm super hopeful at the minute

I love this style of prog rock/metal that's seemingly blooming, the rise again of pop/punk has me buzzing to be honest and pop music itself I think is in a great place. I'd say there's going to some really interesting music in the next couple years

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It's all a bit heavy for me, this kind of music...

There's nothing quite like having a cup of tea with your dressing gown and fluffy slippers on and listening to a relaxing bit of Vader...

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Spiritbox are a good band, I found out about them after getting into Jinger. I listen to a UK based online rock radio station all day at work so I pick up on quite a few new bands each week. My latest favourite is this band from Cologne in Germany Aeries. This is their song Gizma:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Quite an interesting take on Amy Lee’s vocal performance when live by a vocal coach, I found it quite enlightening:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Spiritbox dropped their album last week by the way encase anyone missed it. I'd strongly recommend giving it a listen. Sun Killer makes me think of Lacuna Coil which I love

Whitechapel new album is due out soon too

Last edited:

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Spiritbox dropped their album last week by the way encase anyone missed it. I'd strongly recommend giving it a listen. Sun Killer makes me think of Lacuna Coil which I love

Whitechapel new album is due out soon too
I've picked it up, very good impressions so far