SSD clean up tips!

Din

Silver Level Poster
So all I have on my SSD (120gb) is my OS and a couple of programs, yet it seems day by day my free space is just getting ate up by nothing!

my free space is now stupidly low. anyone got any tips on whats using it / what to remove?

thanks

Everon

Enthusiast
Few things you can change that can free up space on the C: drive.

1: Right click recycle bin>properties and resize how much it can store. Most likely has around 7 GB set for it.
2: Shrink how much the system restore has reserved. Typically I set mine to 5GB which is more than enough but windows likes to give itself about 12%. Also cleanup your old system restore points if you have loads, I generally keep about the last 3.
3: Clean junk from the C: drive that windows has left over especially after a win upgrade. C:\>properties>disk cleanup>clean up system files>tag em all and go.
4: Move the pagefile to spare partition on a second drive that isnt used much. Having it on the SSD uses up alot of space and doesnt make alot of difference to performance seemingly.

I know some of these are just "reserved" for space and not necessarily actually used but i find it helps down the road with saving space.