SSD suggestion

Dexterous

Decided to take a look at the Samsung 128gb drives and found these three, but what is the difference and which is best?

First one is a standard comes with no accessories drive.

Second one comes with a desktop upgrade kit so it can fit 3.5" brackets.

Third one has Norton ghost and a laptop kit, the laptop kit allows you to connect your new ssd to your old pc then norton ghost will copy everything over to the new ssd for you to save time reinstalling windows etc.

The vortex 4 is a good drive probably the highest performing drive and also comes with a 5 year warranty, but the last series in the ocz drives were known for being really not good in reliability and performance due to firmware problems, this has stopped many people from buying this drive so it is hard to know how good this drive actually is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Everon

Enthusiast
Err ye to the forum Moderator:

I did not know that we are not allowed to post links to "individual" hardware replacements from other vendors? I could understand your point on this IF you guys at PCS allowed us to buy parts individually after we have purchased our computers. I was not posting links to competitor ready made PC's (that point i do understand)

I would be more than happy to buy an SSD drive from you for my new PC purchased from you one month ago, please supply the list that you stock.

Thanks, Jay.

Rakk

The Awesome
I could understand your point on this IF you guys at PCS allowed us to buy parts individually after we have purchased our computers.

You can buy upgrade parts from PCS (once you are a customer of theirs already), you can't from the website yet (it's being worked on), but you can if you give them a call.

The list of what they can offer will be the same options that you can find in the configurators.

Last edited:

Everon

Enthusiast
You can buy upgrade parts from PCS, you can't from the website yet (it's being worked on), but you can if you give them a call. The list of what they can offer will be in the configurators.

Thanks for that, although it is hard to see the prices charged for individual components ie: 128gb kingston v200 ssd that appears to be in the drop down list.

Rakk

The Awesome
Thanks for that, although it is hard to see the prices charged for individual components ie: 128gb kingston v200 ssd that appears to be in the drop down list.

True, but all I was pointing out was that you can indeed get your upgrades from PCS (the not being able to see exact prices will be sorted when the upgrade service is launched (I don't know their ETA on it))