Staff Bio page/ incentive scheme.

TR1GG3R

Hi,
Like most people who are waiting for their custom build laptop, incessantly keep checking the status of their build, in a vain hope of 'some' news to help feed our excitement. Trawling through the forums for evidence that weve made the right choices with our systems.

I hit upon an idea whilst checking my status today, My laptop was built by Jonathan. Hmmm, would be good to be able to click on his name and goto his Bio-page, where i could see photo, duration with company, their personal game rigs e.t.c. Maybe leave him a Lil message ;) but we could also award those that work on our laptops with Rep-style points (if they do good job)
All dep'ts can be involved in the Rep points system, having an employee of the month for each dep't and a league table perhaps that your customers could see online to check where the person whose building your rig comes performance wise in the company?
Obviously, Technology can fail through no fault of the builder, but this can be redeemed by good quick communication and turn around time and therefore more Rep points.

Anyway, feel free to take this further and comment, took my mind off me waiting for my lappy for 10mins ;)

steaky360

I (who has no bearing/connection or say in anything PCS decide to do) actually like that as a concept. The issue I find would be that there are too many people (who post here once or twice then disappear into the internet ether) who would 'negatively' score staff members ad nauseum because they felt their computer was being built too slowly etc. So might not give a good reflection of the staff members efforts etc.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I reckon they have something like this in the pipeline, and have tried it covertly at various times in the past under different guises...would explain the nude calendar :D

TR1GG3R

Yer i hear ya there, like people have said before, not many come on here to pass on good news.!
Maybe forum participation could be a factor,e.g.- if someones just joined today to moan about something then their negative rep points say, wouldnt be taken as important as if someone whose been posting in here for months left similar feedback?
Also, rep points could only be applied once everything was complete, so if their has been a problem and i had to send back for repair, i wouldnt be able to apply any negative points until the company have had chance to deal with situation.
Like i say just an idea, that deffo needs lot of work.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yer i hear ya there, like people have said before, not many come on here to pass on good news.!
Maybe forum participation could be a factor,e.g.- if someones just joined today to moan about something then their negative rep points say, wouldnt be taken as important as if someone whose been posting in here for months left similar feedback?
Also, rep points could only be applied once everything was complete, so if their has been a problem and i had to send back for repair, i wouldnt be able to apply any negative points until the company have had chance to deal with situation.
Like i say just an idea, that deffo needs lot of work.

The forum rep system already works like that so that would probably happen anyway :)

The only problem with your last point is what if something happened 3 months down the line which caused you to have a negative experience? When would be the cut-off point between being able to leave rep or not?

It's a good idea in general, I like the idea of a bio page as I often use it at work to try and stalk clients for more info, not sure it would maybe be too intruding for this kind of company though! The staff have the option to join the forums if they like and share all of that information but a lot of them probably choose not to.

And most importantly, a lot of the time it will not be down to an individuals effort but rather a teams effort. The guy who puts it together is no more important than the guys who maintain the website/configurator, the administrators, the customer service guys, etc etc. It would be unfair to praise one person for putting the bits together when there's a far greater process involved. It's like I work at a surveying company and the surveyors can earn a bonus each quarter for how much money they bring in. The admin team (myself included) who deal with all the initial enquiries, process the quotes, arrange all the access and paperwork and then deal with all the invoicing and queries get diddly squat. Which is probably why I lose concentration and spend most my day on here :D

To summarise, I think a bio page of EVERYBODY would be great, a rep system may be flawed though and a good review on trustpilot for the company on a whole would be sufficient :)

TR1GG3R

The only problem with your last point is what if something happened 3 months down the line which caused you to have a negative experience? When would be the cut-off point between being able to leave rep or not?
Could Depend what extra warranty you purchase? And/ or points could be awarded through various stages, so 3 months down the line would be after sales support or something?

Regarding each team members role in process is as important as each others - could create Teams. Blue Team = 1 member from each dep't. Red Team the same, so on and so forth. With possible extra points for staff member going that extra mile perhaps. (Next post will be, what constitutes going that extra mile)

Reminds me of a saying "dont bring me problems, bring me solutions" ;)