STALKER 2

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Of the various games unveiled at E3 today, I'm probably most excited for STALKER 2. The original game Shadow of Chernobyl was full of great ideas, but the delivery lacked a little extra polish that a bigger budget could have delivered, still serves up a nice spooky experience. The next two games in the series, Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky were the same.

For anybody who is a fan of FPS survival horror games, STALKER 2 is likely to be a must play!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Of the various games unveiled at E3 today, I'm probably most excited for STALKER 2. The original game Shadow of Chernobyl was full of great ideas, but the delivery lacked a little extra polish that a bigger budget could have delivered, still serves up a nice spooky experience. The next two games in the series, Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky were the same.

For anybody who is a fan of FPS survival horror games, STALKER 2 is likely to be a must play!

I’ve started Call of Pripyat but not far through it yet, must continue with that game

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
This is one of the games I'm definitely looking forward to this year. Also hoping we might see Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, but its place in development hell means it's anyone's guess as to when it'll launch.

I did note the change of title since 2021 - it was STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl, but now it's Heart of Chornobyl. The Ukrainian devs were happy enough to use the Russian spelling before the invasion and have (quite rightly in my view!) changed the spelling to the Ukrainian one.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
looking forward to the game as well,

it comes across as a metro type game and homer really liked metro exodus
To an extent, I think the Metro comparison is fair. It's very much its own game. I'd recommend picking up the early games in the next Steam sale

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
To an extent, I think the Metro comparison is fair. It's very much its own game. I'd recommend picking up the early games in the next Steam sale

do you think the min spec is reality?

• Windows 10, Windows 11
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X / Intel Core i5-7600K
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Storage: 150 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
do you think the min spec is reality?

• Windows 10, Windows 11
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X / Intel Core i5-7600K
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Storage: 150 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD
Minimum specs on games tends to be performance at 1080p 60 FPS or thereabouts, so it would seem that most potatoes can probably run the game. Even the recommended specs aren't too bad to be fair.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Minimum specs on games tends to be performance at 1080p 60 FPS or thereabouts, so it would seem that most potatoes can probably run the game. Even the recommended specs aren't too bad to be fair.

that surprises homer as considering the open world nature of the game and also a big release, I would have thought the specs may have been higher

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
that surprises homer as considering the open world nature of the game and also a big release, I would have thought the specs may have been higher
Stalker titles were always made to be available to the masses, they're quite competitive titles so need to run on lower specs.