Standard CPU Cooler

alexpeden2000

Recently bought a Performance Mini PC from PCS. Very happy with everything expect for the noise from the Standard CPU fan it came with. It's a little bit louder than I expected so just wondering how easy it is to replace? There are plenty of local shops that could probably do it but I just want to make sure it's possible before taking it to one.

Does anyone know the size of the fan and/or could recommend a quiter alternative?

Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you get a third party to do any work on it you risk voiding your warranty. You'd be better off getting PCS to do that for you or do it yourself.

alexpeden2000

Sorry, should have posted that in the first place!

Case CiT MTX-007B Mini ITX Case 180W
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9500 (3.0GHz) 9MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® PRIME H310i PLUS R2.0: Mini-ITX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics CardIntegrated Intel® HD Graphics
1st Storage Drive1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Processor CoolingSTANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD

Only using for streaming to my TV and playing music files. As I said, working great other than being a bit too noisey.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Brilliant thanks, are they difficult to fit? Trying to work out if I should do it myself.
You’d have to remove the current heatsink, clean and repaste the cpu, then fit the new heatsink. They’re a bit fiddly, not sure what that case is like to work with but any mini case is harder to work on than a standard case.