Standard Ryzen CPU Cooling

Cobblers

Enthusiast
And don't forget about a Surge Protected power socket adaptor.... you never know when that could come to bite you on the rear end. Actually pretty cheap from PCS, at £10 - I looked about and they all seem either lesser in quality or the same product but costing you more.

Originally I only wanted to spend £900-£1000 - I found myself somewhat willingly spending a lot more :p

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Part of the problem here is that the PCS site makes it far too easy to pick and spec your build. Every other crowd I look at seemed to be more confusing and clunky to use.

Yeah I'd go with that too... I swear my system should have been built and delivered already, but PCS have looked at my track record and thought "no, leave him another week and he'll spend even more", which I did in fact do! :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Part of the problem here is that the PCS site makes it far too easy to pick and spec your build. Every other crowd I look at seemed to be more confusing and clunky to use.

PCS are more like that evil witch in kids movies - you know - the one that makes fixing your problems sound so simple, while withholding the detail of the massive damage it will do to you and your family.

Shame on you PCS! :mad:
you ought to try having computers, cycling, and videography (including aerial) as hobbies............ :ROFLMAO:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Yeah I'd go with that too... I swear my system should have been built and delivered already, but PCS have looked at my track record and thought "no, leave him another week and he'll spend even more", which I did in fact do! :)
OMG! They can do that?

I’m screwed!! 😳

I have Mizzies woods and irons and Vokey wedges. They are due an upgrade though. Thanks for reminding me!

Now, where’s that Amend button gone again?????
Brought a set of Ping i210's just before nov Lockdown. Can't wait to use them probably. Meant to be my captain year but don't have a lot to do atm :ROFLMAO:

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Brought a set of Ping i210's just before nov Lockdown. Can't wait to use them probably. Meant to be my captain year but don't have a lot to do atm :ROFLMAO:

They suit you Sir!

1612024681179.png

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I came here for advice and now I need therapy.

Right so, new plan:

Ryzen 3 CPU, keep my HD7750 GPU, go with 8GB of 1666MHz RAM, get a 126GB M.2 drive. I don't need a case as I can just leave all the bits on the desk - that will help them stay cool anyway.

I can use this new setup to order the new clubs that R100 has convinced me to get myself.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Just looking for a bit more advice on a case peoples if you are willing!

I am looking at the Corsair iCue 220T RGB Airflow Mid Tower. It seems to provide decent airflow in a 'relatively' small case. Size is an important issue for me as I just don't have the room for a monster case - as neat as I can get away with is the plan. However I am nervous about the ability to control fan speed on the 220T and keep the noise down when things are calm inside.

I'm pondering adding two additional fans also for rear and roof making 5 fans in total. The ASUS PRIME B550 PLUS seems to have 6 fan headers. Does anyone know if I will be able to use the inbuilt FanExpert4 to control the speeds on all 5 fans including the 3 front case fans?

Thanks!