Star Wars Blu-Ray

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Anyone get it yet? I just purchased my copy today.. It's a great box set with lots and lots of special features that will keep me busy for weeks. The reason Blu-Ray appealed to me was the idea of how epic Star Wars looked on HD.

I wasn't disappointed.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I'll get it when it's come down in price! I am not a fan of Mr Lucas' further additions to the original trilogy though, he just can't leave that **** alone!

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Yeah, sadly I wasn't there when the originals were in cinemas so I can never empathise, however I did watch the orignals first on VHS and I do prefer them to the new ones despite being there when they were in the cinemas.

I was about to get it from HMV for £70 but they did it at Sainsburys for £59.99 so I snapped that one up, simples.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Yeah, sadly I wasn't there when the originals were in cinemas so I can never empathise, however I did watch the orignals first on VHS and I do prefer them to the new ones despite being there when they were in the cinemas.

I was about to get it from HMV for £70 but they did it at Sainsburys for £59.99 so I snapped that one up, simples.

Yeah I was never there for the originals, but I saw the his first 'editing' of the original trilogy when they were rereleased in cinema. I even love the prequel trilogy...probably because when I saw episode 1 I was only about 10 so could overlook anything that was making the nerds rage.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
First editing? Was that when Jabba was orignally a human and not a big fat ball of... well.. fat? I've heard that and I'd love to have seen what it would of been like.