Star Wars: Old Republic

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone still play this? - http://www.swtor.com/info

It was amazing game when it first came out but didn't advance enough for me until they patched it when it went F2P. But I have come back to the game and I am loving it, even got the missus into playing it!
Archon-Contraband-pack.jpg
Sith_Empire.png

If anyone plays or is going to play it, drop by the 'The Red Eclipse' server, If you start an empire character I will send you an Archon's Contraband Pack or the latest version of that.

I will also be setting up a guild with my funds, Guild Name suggestions welcome!

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
I put alot of time into it at launch. Then realised the game turned all shades of poop when I got passed the first story arc and was left to free roam around and do terribly unbalanced PVP forever more. Rift is now my only mmo.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Empire area is so much better than the Republic area in my opinion. I played a Jedi Sentinel and got bored once I reached the capital.

rickne

Master Poster
Empire area is so much better than the Republic area in my opinion. I played a Jedi Sentinel and got bored once I reached the capital.

Isnt that like the second place you visit? lol I think i retired on Hoth.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, It seems like it was designed to look good, not to function well. Dromund Kaas is an epic area, + who doesnt like force lightning torture?

SithEmperorCitadell.jpg

Last edited:

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
If you do pop on ill be on one of my two characters pcsmooseh if im with the missus or forsakee if im alone.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I still love both the single player and the MMO versions as they are set in the same storyline but years apart as the holocrons inform you. Tried to play the singleplayer of KOTOR but It struggles as I think it was designed for a single core or duo not the quads.

ThomasM

I still play. On the tomb of freedom naad server. Got a well established but small guild. Almost up to date with all ops content although I wouldn't say we are hardcore players. I don't play as often as I should but I blame work and the steam sales for that :p. well the weather isn't going to have anything to do with it ;) haha!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have a level 50 sniper still. Technically I am still subbed...for some reason (Think I forgot to cancel it), but really should cancel it before August renews it again!

I do not dislike the game, in like it in many ways. It just faded for me behind so many other games that I have, and I just couldn't keep up with it as well. If it had shone like it was meant to, other games may have suffered.

The one thing (which I have no doubt ranted about before) that really annoyed me was that with the Hutt expansion they didn't bother carrying on the Class Story lines...one of the main things that set TOR apart...and then had the cheek to cite "too much time to do it" etc...Its an expansion! EXPAND!

To that end I didn't get the Hutt so am at level 50 for the foreseeable future, which doesn't lend itself to motivate me to play :D

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Ill probebly carry on playing until then, then.

Girlfriend likes it so thats all that matters :)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Ill be on for most of the night. If anyones on, hit me up character is pcsmooseh (surprise surprise)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Created a guild on Red Eclipse, need Officers for the guild! Its PCS eSports