Starcraft 2 - Heart of the Swarm

mishra

Rising Star
I'm surprised no post about it?! Or my searching skills just epic failed?

It is out. It is amazing. Starcraft 2 is showing, again, it really is THE pinnacle of RTS gaming. You guys playing it? or not much bothered about this game? Don't miss out.

SlickShoes

I just started Wings Of Liberty yesterday and love it so far, I will probably buy HOTS when I am done with the campaign in this one. The multiplayer set up looks amazing but I was watching some Korean guy on TwitchTV and he scared me to death about playing someone like him online, i'd be obliterated in about 2 minutes.

steaky360

I managed to play the first and second missions of HotS this morning, very good fun. Offshore for two weeks now so most of you will have probably clocked it before I get a chance to get properly stuck in! First two missions were fun though, not a clue how the story is going to play out.

Rack

Enthusiast
The campaign is awesome, I finished it today. (I won't spoil it). Shame it will be a 2 year wait most likely for legacy of the void :(

Christof

Bronze Level Poster
I've had to put it on hold until my new laptop comes through. My current Samsung would just about play it on the lowest settings but audio/video is out of sync on cut scenes and I think it deserves the right to be played in all its glory.

No spoilers please, but is the rest of the campaign as good as it looks (managed the first three missions before calling it a day)...?

Rack

Enthusiast
I really enjoyed it. If you have played other Blizzard RTS games, you may start to see a repeating pattern. The final mission of HotS is really fun and in my opinion well done. (Battletag is Rack#2981 if you wish to play, though I am not very good :p)

Rack

Enthusiast
Yes, HotS is an expansion, so WoL is required. I am not sure how cheap you will be able to find it, from what I have seen, the games keep their value quite well.

Christof

Bronze Level Poster
If you don't already own WoL then it does end up being a little pricey but it's definitely worth it - RTS at it's finest in my opinion.

Oh and Rack, I'll add you once I get up and running.Would good to get some online time under my belt (I hope 'not very good' means you're not a seasoned ladder pro!?)

Last edited:

Rack

Enthusiast
Err I am silver on one account and Bronze on my other (I bought a second to play with friends in Australia before Global Play came in).