Starfield

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Another incremental update. I like how Bethesda seem to be tackling the bigger current issues while presumably having a different sub-team work on the longer term updates (DLSS, etc)

Capture.JPG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
something like that, cant remember exact price

that was overpriced at the time though
That’s so bad, although exactly the same happened with the fallout pipboys, they just fell to bits instantly. Those sets were no way near as expensive though

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
interesting vid

From what I read before it was released, the core foundations of the game were literally 12 years old or something from when they first started development, and that was what prevented it from having any proper online gameplay, because the technology underneath was just too old to support it.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
From what I read before it was released, the core foundations of the game were literally 12 years old or something from when they first started development, and that was what prevented it from having any proper online gameplay, because the technology underneath was just too old to support it.

the game has gone mostly negative on steam for what thats worth

seems one of the main complaints is the game feels boring and not worth the hype

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

seems one of the main complaints is the game feels boring and not worth the hype
Such a shame, really is, I'm surprised by this from Bethesda given how long it was in development, really am.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It's only the most recent reviews that are mostly negative. Overall, the game has mixed reviews with is a touch better, but those were obviously heavily weighted upwards in the early days.

I did post pre-launch in one of the other threads, but now can't find it, but having not touched the game in a month or so - backlog keeps me jumping between games. I'll be back in time for whatever DLC happens!

Bethesda have crafted a fantasic world with the different factions (both large and small) and I find that side of the game really interesting in finding out how people on the various inhabited planets are living their lives and their back stories and the stories of their factions. The problem is the gameplay loops quickly get fairly repetitive and that can make the game a bit boring. I had a similar issue with Ghostwire: Tokyo where the setting is fantastic as an experience, but it falls a bit flat in places as a game. Steam's reviews being either thumbs up or down I think means the hype is creating a lot more negative reviews than would have happened with a game with far less hype.