Steam Summer Sale 2016

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Next week allegedly, possibly the 23rd. Just news sites reporting it at the moment, nothing official of course :)

However, you know it's coming, so brace yourselves and your wallets. Saying that, they really do need some new games in there, because I swear a lot of us pretty much have nigh on everything we want now after years of these things (he says while going over and topping up Steal Wallet balance to save time buying the latest £3 offering that will never be installed!)

steaky360

:taz:

Also just had an email of PayPal saying it is definitely 23rd June.

**We can exclusively reveal that the Steam summer sale will go live on 23rd June.**

Seems legit...

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I've got a wishlist of 140 games, but never buy most of them because they're always too expensive. Waiting for them to hit the £3 mark as well. As much as I hate pre ordering, if there is any small discounts for pre ordering Mafia III or the new South Park then I think I might.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Skyrim Remastered is coming out later this year (October?) free on PC for those with Skyrim + all DLCs, so bag that legendary edition when it comes up ;)

Lepasconnu

Bronze Level Poster
For those of you that still have not tried them, the TellTales games are a real pleasure to play, and often really cheap/value during steam sales ;)

LFFPicard

Godlike
Sadly with 548 games to my name, I seldom find a game I don't already own in the sale :/
The winter sale I think I bought 1 game.

I have paid full wack for a couple recently too and there is no chance they will be any cheaper anytime soon (Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lffpicard

jerpers

Master
Loads of sweet VR games for me to spend out on :punk: Now I just have to wait for the servers to catch up with demand.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Well I spent £61 haha
Got:
The Walking Dead: 400 Days
The LEGO Movie Videogame Steam Store and Retail Key
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game
LEGO® Batman™3: Beyond Gotham
LEGO - The Hobbit
Zombie Army Trilogy
Call of Duty World War II Bundle (ROW)
WWE 2K16
The Walking Dead: Michonne
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Outlaw Sectors DLC

That updated my Lego games considerably, the others were still over £10 so I left them for now. Maybe the Winter Sales.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Haha wow. I just spent £23 but you've reminded me about The Walking Dead DLC.

So far I've bought:
American Truck Simulator
AC IV Black Flag
Ryse Son of Rome
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
The Political Machine 2016
Lovely Planet
Blood and Bacon

Lepasconnu

Bronze Level Poster
I might need your help here, I am a big BIG fan of Morrowind, Skyrim and also Kingdoms of Amalur was quite fun (no Oblivion, no, no no no...)
What good RPG would you recommend me that is on Sale at the moment?
I am probably going for the witcher 3, but am afraid that without having played the previous ones I might be lost...

Thanks!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Witcher 2 enhanced edition's on sale as well though, £2.24 atm. You can beast you way through it fast enough and get a sense of who the various people are (Roche, Triss, etc) plus it looks pretty cool.

If you love RPGs especially of the Open World variety, try the Gothic series (1-3 - there's a 4th one, Arcania, which is somewhat different and isn't as good, but it's "aite"). The whole set including all Xpacs is on for ~£3.99 atm as the "Arcania + Gothic Pack"
Gothic 3 was a mess on release but I believe the steam version includes all the community patches so is fine now. If it hadn't gone up against Oblivion when it released (and, you know, wasn't broken on release as well) it would have monstered.