still broke :/ i think...

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
well today my new gpu arrived i put it in turned my computer on and couldnt reach the login, it just kept restarting.

then i got a BSOD, so i done the windows memory diagnostic and it said i still have hardware failure :/ it seems to be working but i thought i'd post this to see if theres anything i need to do

Gorman

Author Level
You need to ring the callcentre guys tomorrow so they can sort it out for you. Guess it wasnt the graphics card then.

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
You need to ring the callcentre guys tomorrow so they can sort it out for you. Guess it wasnt the graphics card then.

damn im cursed :( it seems to be okay right now i'll do another test tommorow morning if it still has a hardware failure i'll call

Sweeney47

dont suppose you noted what the BSOD said? Normally a good way of solving the issue. Report can probably be found in the event viewer...

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
dont suppose you noted what the BSOD said? Normally a good way of solving the issue. Report can probably be found in the event viewer...

i remember it said irql not less or equal but instead of 1 fault like 0000000A or whatever it had around 5-6

Gorman

Author Level
My money is on a RAM issue. Ring the helpdesk and get it booked in! It might be a testing issue, it could be something entirely random. We wont know until its been looked at.

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
i realy dont want to have to wait a week or so to have it fixed but if i have to i will

anyway should i take out each peice of RAM 1 by 1 and run the memory diagnostics untill it says i have no fault, then i could have new ram shipped out if its that ? :D

steveuk87

Super Star
i realy dont want to have to wait a week or so to have it fixed but if i have to i will

anyway should i take out each peice of RAM 1 by 1 and run the memory diagnostics untill it says i have no fault, then i could have new ram shipped out if its that ? :D

TBH thats what i done.. i didnt want to send it back either but now its done and it's coming tomorrow, if this doesn't sort it send it back at least u know its gna get sorted mate!!

Steve

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
after 2 hours of inserting ram and testing it!

ive come to the conclusion some good news and some bad..

the good news is none of the ram slots are broken.

the bad news only 1 RAM stick is working..

im gona phone tommorow and see if they want me to send it in or if i can get new RAM out

Zeplini

best to give our team a call in the morning jonathan and take it from there, i dont think sending the new ram out wont be a problem

Sweeney47

at least the cause seems to have been found and you can soon start enjoying your new system

Last edited:

Sweeney47

think i might join you... well not join you, but go to bed too, gotta go to job center in morning and tell them I don't need their patronising help anymore as I was offered a job today :D

steveuk87

Super Star
grats sweeney, good luck in hte new job, and grats jonathon for the fault finding, hopefully you get it back on track i know how frustrating it can be :)

Steve

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
now im getting a new BSOD... "page fault in nonpaged area"

This is amlost certainly a memory issue. At the moment you have no new RMA's generated on your account. Please ensure you contact us by telephone to arrange an RMA on the memory so that we can fix this issue for you.