Still Waiting For my PC - Online Chat Conversation

Yiannis!)

On Building day 10 and still awaiting for the cpu to be delivered to PCS I thought I get an update on the status. Here it goes. Make your on conclusions.

Online chat Conversation regarding my order process.

W*** 14:30:14
Hello Yiannis, my name is W***, how may I help you?

Yiannis 14:30:24

Hi there, my order Reference is 5****. I have a question regarding the awaiting cpu. Have you received it?

W*** 14:31:42
I will have a check for you.

Yiannis 14:31:52
thanks

W*** 14:35:03
I cant see any notes on the products page so i will call the purchasing manager for you.

Yiannis 14:36:48
I am bit worried cos we are already on day 10 and I can't see the pc being ready within the time frame I was advised

Will I have it till Friday?

W*** 14:40:59
He has said there have been a slight delay with the CPU and the ETA give is not until next week unfortunately.

As soon as it arrives the order will go straight into testing due to the wait already.

Yiannis 14:44:09
Very disappointed that I have to wait more than 20 days for a pc to be build. I can not understand the delay... Do the technicians check if the parts are available on the day the pc is ordered and paid?

If I go to an online store I can get the Xeon cpu and have it delivered by Thursday

W*** 14:46:12
Once the order has been placed, if we dont have a certain item in stock the order is then placed to make sure the item comes into stock in time. This is what has happened with your CPU but unfortunately there has been a delay from the suppliers. But this is now expected next week.

Yiannis 14:48:58
Maybe you should consider changing suppliers then if they take 15 days to deliver an item. Anyway, although I am very satisfied with PCS not meeting the delivery times is creating a bad name for you guys, and you can't put the blame to others

Thank you for the update W*** and I hope the order moves faster.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Sorry to hear that but how many working since your order? As far as I know PCS can't guarantee a delivery time just provide estimates.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Don't see anything wrong there W*** was perfectly nice and honest with you.

I wouldn't presume to know the in and outs of there business or tell them how to manage there business. They have been doing it for a while and would imagine they know what there doing.

Personally i would order from PC's even if i had to wait a month over anyone that could delivery quicker, but everyone has different levels of patients etc.

Yiannis!)

Today is day 10, but from the update I got (see above) it will take more that 20 day till I receive the pc. I could understand a delay due to workload but not because a cpu has not been delivered from their suppliers for 10 working days now (assuming the stock check was done on day 1 from PCS and ordered immediately) and it's going to take another 5 (15 working days in total for a cpu order when anyone can go online and have it delivered in 3-5 working days)

Sorry if I sound bit bitter but I need the pc for work and every day it's costing me money. I was expecting it within 15 working day max ( although the estimate was 9-11). In general I am very happy with PCS but not being able to deliver fast when at the same time competitors give an estimate of 5-7 working days, its creating a bad name in the market. Hope they can resolve this issue with their suppliers soon and be able to get their hand on components on time. :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If you need it very quick you can always use fast track but probably you need to change the CPU if it not in stock. Those are just estimates and they don't guarantee to meet them.

Yiannis!)

Don't see anything wrong there W*** was perfectly nice and honest with you.

I wouldn't presume to know the in and outs of there business or tell them how to manage there business. They have been doing it for a while and would imagine they know what there doing.

Personally i would order from PC's even if i had to wait a month over anyone that could delivery quicker, but everyone has different levels of patients etc.

I have no problem with W*** he was very helpful. My comments were from a customers point of view and I believe that gives me the right to have a say on how satisfied I am or not with PCS. When I buy something I buy it not just based on quality but also customer service, delivery times ect. Being fast does not mean that you are not good. It rather means that you are very efficient if you combine quality and speed. But as you said everyone has different perspectives ect.

Yiannis!)

If you need it very quick you can always use fast track but probably you need to change the CPU if it not in stock. Those are just estimates and they don't guarantee to meet them.

I did go for the fast track initially but they do require that the address of the payment card to be the same with the delivery address ( which in my case is not ) . So that wasn't an option for me.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Make your on conclusions.

You asked for an explanation and you got one. It's unfortunate but it happens.

15 working days in total for a cpu order when anyone can go online and have it delivered in 3-5 working days

I wouldn't expect PCS would be ordering one though, they'll probably be ordering in bulk. It's not like their supplier can just pull one off the shelf and pop it down to the Post Office, bulk orders don't work like that, especially if the CPUs are coming from outside the country (I have no idea whether they are or not).