Stock notifications for laptops

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Just wondering what is going on with the stock for the new 30xx series laptops, because there are models such as the Optimus XI which are showing as "out of stock, stock due Feb 10"... and it's Feb 17 now.
1613552753029.png

Are these stock notifications just not being updated, or are there actual issues with the stock coming in for the new laptops?

steaky360

Perhaps not relevant but that laptop specifically doesn't actually have a 30xx card in it - it has a 1650 Ti (no option for a 30xx card) but if you click 'proceed' the updated notification is displayed:

1613552947651.png

So I expect the notification at the top is just out of date.

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
Perhaps not relevant but that laptop specifically doesn't actually have a 30xx card in it - it has a 1650 (no option for a 30xx card) but if you click 'proceed' the updated notification is displayed:

View attachment 22449

So I expect the notification at the top is just out of date.
Whoops, that was my mistake I guess - but the same does apply for the 30xx laptops too. But thanks for the tip about using the Proceed option, I'll give that a try.

steaky360

Whoops, that was my mistake I guess - but the same does apply for the 30xx laptops too. But thanks for the tip about using the Proceed option, I'll give that a try.
I checked a few of the 30xx laptops when I was looking and it seems there's no notification of further delays to those. Not sure if its a similar error - hopefully it'll get updated soon.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I know another forum member recently posted that they had notification there had been delays on their Ionico.

I believe stock might have got held up through customs coming into UK to PCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
The laptop I actually ordered is the new Defiance, which says stock due Feb 20. But weirdly enough when I click Proceed for that it doesn't give any date notification, it just goes through to the next step to order.

Edit: just noticed you also realised this. Yeah, lets hope. The Defiance was supposed to be arriving on Feb 9 and I ordered on Jan 16 so been waiting a while! Hope it's not too much longer.

Well funny right after I posted this thread, the 15" Defiance stock ETA has gone from Feb 20 to Mar 3. More waiting!
The Ionico has done the exact same so I'm hoping maybe it's some sort of blanket date where they have done a date 2 weeks from now and if they get it before, they can start but they are unsure of what's happening and when they could get some stock in so this will prevent people clogging up the lines/chat with the same query.

Bhuna50

Author Level
All 17" laptops now have a stock date of 3 March.

Apart from two - optimus and Defiance - Special offer machines.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Just to share info considering a few posts. I ordered an Ionico 15 (3070) on the 10th Feb. I had an email on the 13th advising build on the 25th. It is currently showing as pre-production with a build time of 5 days in my order details.
The I15 is also now showing 3rd Mar for new orders.
I expect another 5 day update tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if that moves out too.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Just to share info considering a few posts. I ordered an Ionico 15 (3070) on the 10th Feb. I had an email on the 13th advising build on the 25th. It is currently showing as pre-production with a build time of 5 days in my order details.
The I15 is also now showing 3rd Mar for new orders.
I expect another 5 day update tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if that moves out too.
My 5 day email update today mentions increased production leadtimes but no mention of missing parts, supply issues or significant delay? Bit surprised. I expect I'll see it sometime late march rather than late feb. But who knows? No hurry.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
My 5 day email update today mentions increased production leadtimes but no mention of missing parts, supply issues or significant delay? Bit surprised. I expect I'll see it sometime late march rather than late feb. But who knows? No hurry.
And just as I posted I had a second email from PCS stating build date of 3rd March. Let's hope they dont rush the build and risk quality due to a large number of 30 series laptops all planned to start that day...

steaky360

And just as I posted I had a second email from PCS stating build date of 3rd March. Let's hope they dont rush the build and risk quality due to a large number of 30 series laptops all planned to start that day...
They're not going to rush anything, you're in a queue and those emails are estimated/indicated build dates only. Once you're in building it doesn't take long at all and the testing process will be carried out :)

NeoDeNovo

Hello to all.

I ordered and paid for Elimina Pro Series: 17.3, RTX 3060 laptop on the 12th January. I have also been contacted about stock availability (now 3rd March).

I hope this helps someone. I am anxious to get my device and any more information on these delays would be welcome.

😟

steaky360

I contacted PCS yesterday to raise this discrepancy with them, I expect the other laptop stock dates have been updated to follow suit. The Optimus XI is now showing as 3rd March.

1613634844898.png

Romain337

I got this email saying 3 March too. Did someone is lying to us ? The date is now in pare with the other brand... This let me think they had throw the date just to pack as much pre order as possible (that's why I ordered here of course, because of the date magically changed for the 15 february a few weeks ago).

Macco26

Expert
Simply put I think the cargo carrier who had obligations to ship to PCS all the pallets from China (at least for Tongfang chassis) got delayed by COVID restrictions / China New Year festivities and now is planned to come in UK no less than March, plus 1-2 days to open those pallets and starts assembly.
Clevo which had somehow slight different dates, now aligns to this cargo. Presumably is a straight China-UK cargo with all the needs for PCS for once. Hope it doesn't get delayed further.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
And a third email today. Whilst not good news and nothing new, you cant fault their customer communication over an issue they have little or no control:

but unfortunately we are awaiting stock on the following items:

TongFang GM5MG7Y (8GB RTX-3070, i7-10875H, 165Hz QHD, Blank KB) - Unfortunately, there has been a delay with the delivery of your laptop chassis due to Chinese New Year. The manufacturer should be able to get this to us by the beginning of March, if we hear anything else from the manufacturer, we will be sure to let you know. Once the chassis has been received, the production team will get on with building your order as soon as possible.

Macco26

Expert
For my Ionico 17 I got today again an email from PCS which instead stated clearly the the missing part (my Tongfang laptop) is now expected to arrive in their store the 3rd of March.
My email is in Italian, and doesn't go further in details of the reasons of this delay (Chinese new year as you got, etc.), it seems more the pre-formatted email for any Desktop part missing. However it has a new clear stock date.
I suspect they got the new shipping date for Ionico 17 size and not yet for 15. My yesterday's email seemed more like yours, but, after the update of their website yesterday evening, it now has a clear shipping arrival date, as of today's email.
That's possible. I'm seeing similar conducts with other Tongfang resellers on reddit, whose 17 sizes are coming some days before the 15 size parts. Don't ask me why.