Stock notifications for laptops

Macco26

Expert
Day 25 here for Ionico 17. Pre-production, so far.

(I wish I continued to get the Planned Assembly date email, but they broke mid February, at first missing delivery of their cargo shipments).

MIKWAY

Impatiently curious about the benchmark tests and other feedback 🙂
Especially thermals. Did you upgrade the paste?
Yes, paste was upgradede to MX-4.

Benchmarking didn't go so well. :confused:

3DMark TimeSpy & FireStrike benchmarks stuck on 'initializing', so could not do those.

PCMark score came out at 6762.

I, disappointingly, have to concentrate on work for a few days, so will not be tinkering much, other than evenings for the rest of this week. I will get back to some in-depth tinkering at the weekend.

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
Update, after the tracking not being updated since monday evening I called fedex again today.
Had to call 6 times ,every single time the operator has used the old trick of picking the call on mute to make me believe there was a problem so that I call back. 6th time I choose to speak with an english representative.
So they are just reading the same tracking as me, they have no mean to know anything further and she pretends the parcel is still in the UK. (I guess by foot I would already arrived from Leeds to Dover). No apologies about this being a one day delivery, they just don't care at all they zre just here to tell what you already knew before calling.
I would have loved to know that even if I was ordering from a french site with french VAT I was still having to wait for a parcel from the UK. I might have chosen another seller.
The way the selector is made you have the choice of one day delivery to France and a different choice for our overseas territories (which makes the choice delivery to France deceptive as if it was just for you to confirm you live in the mainland, whereas it is in fact a shipment from UK)
So nobody knows where my parcel is right now, I have packages coming from all countries as I am a High Tech journalist and this is the first by fedex and the first time a parcel can disappear from the radar and the delivery service telling you bullshit about it because they have no idea.
I can hear everything from parcel is delayed to parcel is retained in customs but a tracking not updated for 1 day and a half on a parcel worth 2200 euros I am really annoyed

Last edited by a moderator:

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
I have entered testing as of 9am this morning. Hopefully I’ll have this beast on my hands by Friday. Fingers crossed!!
If the package is given to fedex there is very little chances. They have mine since monday and they don't even have a clue about where it is.

Macco26

Expert
Update about my Ionico 17:
Just received an email that my Order production has ended (I wasn't even aware it was started!) and now it awaits to be Tested.
From the Account it now shows it's In Building stage.
Ordered Jan 27th. 25 working days boys.

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
Just received an email that my Order production has ended (I wasn't even aware it was started!) and now it awaits to be Tested.
Wow that is amazing! Mine is 17' Ionico too. Ordered Feb 10th and still in pre-production since Feb 12th. Got delayed 4 times since then. I know that is not that big waiting time considering some people are waiting 90+ days, but that is great news. Well finally I can see the light of the end of the tunnel.

Macco26

Expert
Well for laptops it never was 90 days, it's for desktop CPU/GPU primarily. However ye, they opened pre-orders too early than expected. Then actual first batch of cargo shipments got delayed by Chinese New Year, covid pandemic etc. So we are all year.
Interesting now if you check in your account page their delivery stats for the last 5 days you see better dispatch % from Desktops than Notebooks, and that tells a lot.

pmarmotte

Bronze Level Poster
Well for laptops it never was 90 days, it's for desktop CPU/GPU primarily. However ye, they opened pre-orders too early than expected. Then actual first batch of cargo shipments got delayed by Chinese New Year, covid pandemic etc. So we are all year.
Interesting now if you check in your account page their delivery stats for the last 5 days you see better dispatch % from Desktops than Notebooks, and that tells a lot.
If you try to order a ionico now without fast track it says 19 to 20 days. So they did speed up all pending waiting pre orders and that is a good thing.

kshnnnn

Awesome! Although I'm still in pre-production and my invoice says order date was 25th Jan, but I was accepted for finance on 27th Jan. So I'm assuming they've used the latter date for my queue position. Projected to start the build on Friday, 5th March. Hopefully, they might get started on it tomorrow.

RakCha

Awesome! Although I'm still in pre-production and my invoice says order date was 25th Jan, but I was accepted for finance on 27th Jan. So I'm assuming they've used the latter date for my queue position. Projected to start the build on Friday, 5th March. Hopefully, they might get started on it tomorrow.
I put my order in on the 27th Jan and had a projected build start date of 5th March as well. I had comms via pcs chat to get an idea of where my I was in the queue, and within the next half hour my order status changed to in build. I'm now in the testing state. Hopefully I'll have my laptop by the end of the week.

Azyx

I’m currently 24 working days pre production on Iconico 17.3. Chassis was due in yesterday, has anyone’s preproduction status changed? As of today the site states parts are now due March 22nd