Stocking filler upgrade?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Was chatting to wife last night and the topic of Black Friday Deals and Christmas came up, and she asked "Is there anything you might be looking at to add to your PC?" Idle curiosity or fishing for present ideas, I'm not sure, but either way, I struggled to think of something that I potentially add to current build. I was fortunate enough to get a good spec for my budget this time last year, so any significant upgrade is going to require a whole platform upgrade I suspect.

But am I wrong? Can you spot an opportunity to add something to a wish list in my build?

Case: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh
Motherboard: Asus Strix B550-F Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Zotac 3070TI
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RAM DDR4 16GB 3200MHz
Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix
SSDs: Samsung Firecuda 530 1TB, Intel 670P 1TB
PSU: Corsair 750W RMx
Monitor: Asus VG27AQ
Mouse: Razer Basilisk v3
Keyboard: Razer Cynosa v2
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Sensor Panel: 7" Panel

And what about you? What would you add to your Santa list? 🎅

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Another SSD, or a 4 x M.2 SSD add-on card?

RGB light kit - either for the computer, or for the computer room (those Leaf ones look nice).

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Was chatting to wife last night and the topic of Black Friday Deals and Christmas came up, and she asked "Is there anything you might be looking at to add to your PC?" Idle curiosity or fishing for present ideas, I'm not sure, but either way, I struggled to think of something that I potentially add to current build. I was fortunate enough to get a good spec for my budget this time last year, so any significant upgrade is going to require a whole platform upgrade I suspect.

But am I wrong? Can you spot an opportunity to add something to a wish list in my build?

Case: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh
Motherboard: Asus Strix B550-F Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Zotac 3070TI
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RAM DDR4 16GB 3200MHz
Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix
SSDs: Samsung Firecuda 530 1TB, Intel 670P 1TB
PSU: Corsair 750W RMx
Monitor: Asus VG27AQ
Mouse: Razer Basilisk v3
Keyboard: Razer Cynosa v2
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Sensor Panel: 7" Panel

And what about you? What would you add to your Santa list? 🎅
Could go for a full mechanical keyboard, the Razer stuff is ok I love their mice but their keyboards I've always found lacking

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Another SSD, or a 4 x M.2 SSD add-on card?

RGB light kit - either for the computer, or for the computer room (those Leaf ones look nice).
Not sure I have any need for additional drive right now. But I am monitoring price of 2TB drives and might grab one if price is right

Not a massive fan of RGB, next build might be non RGB. Too much hassle sometimes trying to get it all in sync.
Could go for a full mechanical keyboard, the Razer stuff is ok I love their mice but their keyboards I've always found lacking
Never had a mechanical keyboard. Would have to try one to see if I’d actually notice difference and like it

Both good suggestions, though.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What about a stylish headset stand?

12D877B4-ACEA-4D09-82EC-58AF4CCCC0C0.jpeg

Or a fun headset stand?

3B9DB915-6157-4C50-9F9F-EBE2B1875B1C.jpeg

A1EE8B15-E292-47B4-B0A2-D83B570B5F46.jpeg

F7AAD0A7-ADFE-436C-88A4-7787354FDBDE.jpeg

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm sure it works just as well as any other Philips screwdriver, but the fact that's in Noctua brown made me laugh and thought I might as well treat myself to it. I know the LTT screwdriver is getting a lot of coverage in past few months, but I think it's a lot more than I really need, and multiples of the cost of the Noctua one.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got a couple of iFixIt tool sets for laptops, PCs and Mac stuff...also handy for other electronics around the house.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got a couple of iFixIt tool sets for laptops, PCs and Mac stuff...also handy for other electronics around the house.

I've got them too, the big set, by far the best tool kit I've ever owned both in tes of quality and the range of tips. I've never found anything I couldn't get into aside from the door to Narnia

They have an official ifixit store on Amazon now as well

CMP01

Enthusiast
It's a nice idea, this stocking filler tech upgrade, but I'm just about wrapped up re hardware tbh.

Well, short of the RDNA3 launch and reviews. Sure, I don't need it as my 6800XT hasn't been rendered obsolete by the new gen buuut...

Desktop (specs below) is all good. 1Tb of that NVME storage is actually via add on card (highly recommended btw) so short of larger capacity drives that'd leave the replaced one with nowhere to go, no room for more. I have a decent toolkit and PC cleaner etc so nothing else needed really.
Just got a Lenovo Legion 5 on Black Friday sales and already chucked a 2Tb NVME in the empty slot so all good there. Now looking for a good lap desk type thingy (any recommendations welcome)
The Steam Deck could do with more capacity but every time I look, 2230's over 512Gb, preferably with a speed uplift and reasonable wait time are nowhere to be seen in the UK. You'd think given the UK was one of the few initial markets for it there'd be better options by now. Nothing on iFixit either, and they'd sell very well if they stocked the 2230's.

Looks like my stocking (and I do actually have one) will be, like last year, fluffy socks and Toffifee... both of which are good enough for me.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah… but decided black would suit the overall look better. Liquid freezer 360 will be ordered in Jan once back in stock.