Strange Forum 403 error access issue

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, when I try to access the PCS forums via my home network I always see a 403 error (attached below). What could be causing this? I am on bt internet with a (problematic) Homehub 6. This happens with any device I try to use.

However, going through a web proxy or switching to 4G resolves this issue. What would be blocking my access to this forum? Note that it is only this forum I have any problems with.

Attachments

• 2016-12-27_403_error.jpg
    2016-12-27_403_error.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 271

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think the lack of responses tends to suggest that this issue is unique to you, I've never heard of people having issues like this before.

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
Well I'm no longer with BT anymore - now with Sky - and as if by magic the PCS forums work again without the need for a webproxy. Weird!

D

Deleted member 88683

BT blocks SOME users from accessing the forums for some reason, this has been on-going for many years, they literally just block access and the only way around it is to use a VPN or a different network. There have been many attempts to try and prevent them from blocking it but it never seems to make a difference.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
BT blocks SOME users from accessing the forums for some reason, this has been on-going for many years, they literally just block access and the only way around it is to use a VPN or a different network. There have been many attempts to try and prevent them from blocking it but it never seems to make a difference.
If you just change to an alternate DNS you will get access, it’s the BT DNS that blocks access.