Strange Freezing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have nothing to copy it off to.
2TB.
What do you mean by 2TB?

The spec you posted only lists a 1TB primary drive, do you have a secondary drive in there?

I would suggest buying a large enough USB drive, they don't cost much these days for very large sizes, you'll need one anyway for reinstalling windows which should be done twice a year.

But when the OS is this badly compromised, even if you do find what's blocking windows updates, you'd still need a clean install. Viruses work (especially trojans) by embedding themselves deep in the OS, or even worse, in the bootloader, they then replicate to various areas.

There's no such thing as "disinfecting" an infected machine. Just fantasy, there are too many compromised locations that would need specific cleansing.

I would also suggest buying a 7200rpm HDD for data. These days, it's crazy to have anything but OS and perhaps games on the primary drive, there's no reason not to have a secondary data drive and it prevents problems like this happening.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
yeah and losing like a ton of data. Not a good idea.
You really don't have a choice. As I pointed out, you now have some system files in quarantine which is likely why you're having issues.

There is no magic 'disinfecting' bullet and your system appears to be totally compromised. Windows Reset will be a waste of time (because the system is so compromised), even upgrading to a new version of Windows (keeping apps and data) will be a waste of time. A fully clean install from bootable media, deleting existing partitions is the only way back to a reliable system.

For the future be very careful what software you install...

VenatoS

Thanks guys for all the help and advice. I really do appreciate it.

I have now reset my PC, cleaned the C:\ Drive.
Installed the latest Windows & Downloaded Kaspersky and everything seems to be back in order as it should.
Safe to say it should all be good now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks guys for all the help and advice. I really do appreciate it.

I have now reset my PC, cleaned the C:\ Drive.
Installed the latest Windows & Downloaded Kaspersky and everything seems to be back in order as it should.
Safe to say it should all be good now.
A reset won’t be enough, it has to be a clean install.

VenatoS

A reset won’t be enough, it has to be a clean install.

I'll take my chances for now, if I'll have any issues i'll do a proper clean install.
For now Windows Updated properly, Kaspersky didn't find anything malicious and PC is running as intended.

I do appreciate the advice thou.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll take my chances for now, if I'll have any issues i'll do a proper clean install.
For now Windows Updated properly, Kaspersky didn't find anything malicious and PC is running as intended.

I do appreciate the advice thou.
I really can’t stress enough, until you do a clean install, your system is still compromised.