Strange "Rumbling" Sound Coming from Hard Drive Area?

So I've had this computer just over a month now and only yesterday it's started making this strange noise. I thought nothing of it until it was doing it again this morning, so I opened up the case and noticed it was coming from the hard drive area but I couldn't figure out if it was a case fan or a hard drive itself. It sounds like a rumbling noise, like a car going over a bumpy road so I know it can't be good. It doesn't do this constantly; it only does this when I open programs or boot up the computer and lasts for longer and more aggressive if it is a large program like Photoshop. I don't know what to think of this so any suggestions on what this is and how it can be resolved would be greatly appreciated!

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention the hard drive.

I have 2x 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

and also a CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 650D GAMING CASE.

Rakk

The Awesome
It sounds like a rumbling noise, like a car going over a bumpy road so I know it can't be good. It doesn't do this constantly; it only does this when I open programs or boot up the computer and lasts for longer and more aggressive if it is a large program like Photoshop.
This kind of suggests it is the hard drive rather than any other fans.
I know my Caviar black also makes a ton of noise at times when its accessing stuff (virus scans are not quiet!), mine seems to be ok, but it depends on how much noise its making I guess, some Caviar Blacks seem to be quiet, but mine certainly is not.

Rakk

The Awesome
OK, so I shouldn't worry about this? I've just been told by a friend it's normal when hard drives start to fill up.

Well, it kinda depends how loud it is I guess or how horrible it sounds, I've pretty much ignored mine and it seems to be perfectly fine, that however may not be true for all noisy ones.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I think I have the same issue with my 1tb Caviar Black. It's not a rumble but it sounds like a disc drive or very similar like it's trying to read something. The problem is I have mine in the dining room quite near to my fridge so I can never tell if it's the fridge making funny noises or whether it's my desktop x) I've ignored it up to now, used about 150gb of it with games so maybe I should look at clearing a bit of space. I defrag it once or twice a week and that seems to take a long while so maybe I've just crammed too much crap on too soon. Then again, I'm sure most of you out there have used a lot more space than I have :L

I'll keep an ear out for it in future, I've assumed it was normal up to now.