Stuck in test?

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

My system was processed on 07-02-2017, built on 08-02 and has been in test since 10-02.

Does it normally take this long? The PCS flowchart suggest 1-2 days in test, and when I ordered the system they indicated a fairly fast turnaround which I assumed meant they weren't too busy (Build Time: Standard Build - Approximately 2 to 4 working days)

My previous system went through Test/QA the same day, and shipped the next day.

I assume the responses will be to call them tomorrow to ask :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Your assumption is correct, at least for my part, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say that as it seems it's an overclocked system the testing phase would be longer anyway (Don't they do 48 hour burn-in and stability on OCed builds?) and if there was a problem with the stability with the initial setup then they'd have to correct that and retest it. Or perhaps the testing identified a problem with a component that took a few days to source.

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
Hmm, sent at 03:30am ... I assume by an automated process when your PC hasn't shifted from test:

We are currently testing your order. There is a slight delay in the testing process caused by a very busy period that we are experiencing and we are doing everything possible to deliver your order as quickly as we can.

If your order has exceeded the estimated lead time of 2 to 4 working days, please accept our apologies for this.

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
And then to finish the story, it completed test, QA, was packed and dispatched all today!

Tomorrow will be fun :)