Suggested Processor for 4K gaming

Animikh Aich

i am planning to assemble a New PC by d end of June.. and unless the technology changes too mch by then.. i am going to stick to the following..

CPU: intel core i7-4790K
GPU: Dual Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97 Gaming G1 Wifi
PSU: Corsair RM1000
Case: Cooler Master Scout 2
Cooler: Corsair H100i or maybe the Corsair H110
HDD: 2TB WD cavier Green (thats the only one available in India)
SSD: Samsung pro series 256 Gig SSD
Headset: Roccat Kave 5.1 (not the XTD version)
RAM: Dual G-Skill RipjawX 1600Mhz 8Gig
Monitor: Samsung LU28D590DS/XL UHD 28" monitor

I guess this would be "future proof" enough to support all games for the following 2 years at least without a need for an upgrade. of couse.. i might be wrong.. so anyways.. i am primarily building it for gaming! costs me around 3800 USD (i converted Indian Bucks to Dollar.. would be some hundred bucks cheaper if u buy the same configuration in the US)

Though i am a Little bit confused with the CPU.. as i am not fully sure if it would support 4K gaming with settings on the max or would it turn out to be a bottle nake for the GPU.. i did concider going for the newer and more powerful i7-5820K.. but it needs DDR4 memory which are too hard to get in India. plus.. the only DDR4s available in India are 4 gig max! So i wuold concider a future upgrade.. so i dont want to put in 4 gigs.. i wanna go for 8! but is not available! i'm a bit confuesd! i personally dont wnna go with the older Intel Haswell processors.. so anybody with any suggestions.. please help!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Since the forum belongs to PCS who sells desktops and laptops it is not encouraged to give advice on self builds