Suggestions for a 2.0 / 2.1 set of PC speakers?

Outerarm

Not quite sure where this should sit, so adding here for the moment but willing to repost elsewhere if more appropriate.

I'm looking for a set of 2.0 or 2.1 speakers to pair with my new build, but I have absolutely no idea where to start or what I should be looking out for! :confused:

For my use case, I will mainly be using them for listening to music (90%), with a bit of film and TV on occasion. I'll generally not be using them for gaming. Budget is around £100, but could definitely stretch higher if warranted. Preference would be for something compact, but if this would impact the sound quality too much then larger is fine (up to a degree!). Also not really keen on something that looks like it has fallen off a spaceship, so speakers with a sleek, classic and simple design. Bluetooth connectivity is a bonus, but not mandatory, neither is a remote for volume / mix control.

Any suggestions? Please? 🥺

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not quite sure where this should sit, so adding here for the moment but willing to repost elsewhere if more appropriate.

I'm looking for a set of 2.0 or 2.1 speakers to pair with my new build, but I have absolutely no idea where to start or what I should be looking out for! :confused:

For my use case, I will mainly be using them for listening to music (90%), with a bit of film and TV on occasion. I'll generally not be using them for gaming. Budget is around £100, but could definitely stretch higher if warranted. Preference would be for something compact, but if this would impact the sound quality too much then larger is fine (up to a degree!). Also not really keen on something that looks like it has fallen off a spaceship, so speakers with a sleek, classic and simple design. Bluetooth connectivity is a bonus, but not mandatory, neither is a remote for volume / mix control.

Any suggestions? Please? 🥺
Do you have a hifi system if music is important?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got Creative Pebble v3 on the gaming PC, but they'll be too futuristic for you ;)

IMG_4719.jpg

However, my long-term (10+ years) desktop speakers are a set(s) of Edirol (Roland) MA-10D studio monitors.

IMG_4718.jpg

If you don't like the blue/wood asthetic, then there are MA-10 and MA-15 versions in black.

The MA-xxD suffix is just to denote the additional digital (Toslink/optical) input - if it has a MA-xxA suffix, then it's analogue inputs only (but they tend to be cheaper).

MA-15D

MA-10A

Outerarm

I've got Creative Pebble v3 on the gaming PC, but they'll be too futuristic for you ;)

However, my long-term (10+ years) desktop speakers are a set(s) of Edirol (Roland) MA-10D studio monitors.
Many thanks for both suggestions -- the Creative pebbled aren't too bad :) . I'll look into both as options.

Outerarm

Do you have a hifi system if music is important?
Unfortunately I don't have the space for a HiFi system (good or otherwise!), nor the time to sit and enjoy one if I did. I have a working desk off to the side of my PC and do non-pc work on there most evenings and like to have some music on in the background. Occasionally I'll end up watching TV or a film on the PC after getting kicked out of the living room while the kids / wife watch something. I'll also (albeit rarely) play the odd game without a headset.

As I'm refreshing my PC and monitor, I thought I would update my 15 year old set of very tinny sounding mini Dell speakers with something that can give a more rich and full sound. I'm not looking for sound perfection and I sort of know the limitations of the signal off the motherboard and audio sources (mp3 rips, YouTube, etc.). So in general I'm just looking for a complementary set that will satisfy my casual use, but will sound good at the same time.

Nymor

As I'm refreshing my PC and monitor, I thought I would update my 15 year old set of very tinny sounding mini Dell speakers with something that can give a more rich and full sound. I'm not looking for sound perfection and I sort of know the limitations of the signal off the motherboard and audio sources (mp3 rips, YouTube, etc.). So in general I'm just looking for a complementary set that will satisfy my casual use, but will sound good at the same time.

I'm doing the same. I got my new pc a couple of weeks ago and want something better than the sets of cheapie Dell speakers I've got at the bottom of cupboards.

I've also got a couple of spare shelf speakers so I'm currently leaning towards pairing those up with a cheap mini amp - nobsound or fosi audio. I also looked at cheap mini hifi systems and the Pebble and some Logitech 2.1 stuff.

I'm not an audiophile but do listen to internet radio all day - WFMU.org greatest radio station on the planet :cool: - so I'll be interested in the direction you go in.