Suggestions on a small off-the-shelf lockable cabinet for a small PC

Frank100

Rising Star
Hi,

This thread seemed to be the nearest in topic to what I had to ask. I'm looking for a small cabinet with a lockable door which has enough space for an Intel NUC, a 3.5" hard disk, possibly a small write blocking device and a dock. Power, network and HDMI cables would need to come out the back and there would need to be some gaps, holes or grills for cooling.

It doesn't need to be ultra secure and ideally it wouldn't be any bigger than a micro ATX case. It could almost be like a monitor stand with a lockable drawer. I don't need to bolt it down or anything like that.

The reason for this is I need to be able to load up and/or copy data which may take hours and I will occasionally need to do this in areas of the building that are less secure than my office. A cabinet like this would mean nobody has to stay with it at all times.

I wouldn't expect anyone to come along and tamper with the computer or disk as such, it's still secure access within the building, but I would prefer it to be out of sight. It would be more a case of the air con engineer came along and decided to move it so he/she could climb on the desk.

I have looked at small comms cabinets but they are bigger than I want. Is anyone able to suggest something off-the-shelf, probably metal, about the size and shape I mentioned, with a lockable door/drawer?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks.

Frank100

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I was going to suggest a network cab as well.

That one from Spyder looks a nice bit of kit.

Just be careful if you choose a different one, as many network cabs have no back to facilitate cable routing.